M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went riding with my buddy this weekend that has a Warrior and I had forgotten one of the things that I liked about his bike. It is kind of burple like mine and he has blue lights instead of the amber ones for his tac and speedo. Is there anyway that we could change ours from the amber to this blue? It would really look cool at night for those of us riding the B-E-A-UTIFUL Burple 109! I just think it would pull it together even more! Any input would be great!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Damn, any color would be better than the 1980's orange on the speedo and backlights. That would be right after a integrated tail light for me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I too like that ideal. I ride the fast color too. let me no when you get it don and how it looks. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
George C said:
I too like that ideal. I ride the fast color too. :bigthumbsup:
You mean you painted speckled black paint over your Burple? :joke:

All the Burple and Silver see on my bike is the license plate! :doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I think it would be even better on my black bike.  A black light would be cool.  Just need to make all of the number white.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The tach is a done deal....orange , not gonna change that....errr you can't change it, unless someone makes an aftermarket tach in that color.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
not so fast. I haven't taken it apart yet but most lighting is supplied by LEDs. I work in the sign industry and we use LED's to backlight stuff all the time so if I can figure out how its wired it may be very simple.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BlkM109r said:
not so fast. I haven't taken it apart yet but most lighting is supplied by LEDs. I work in the sign industry and we use LED's to backlight stuff all the time so if I can figure out how its wired it may be very simple.
Please let me know what you find out! I would love to see it with blue backlighting! :bigthumbsup: The amber is just out of place on the bike. All the lines flow so smoothly but the color of the speedo and tac don't do it for me. :dontknow: Please let me know if there is anything we can do!! :dontknow:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would love another color as well dont like the orange backlight either.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I remember the old Sony cassette car stereos could switch between orange and green backlighting, by holding down two buttons. Maybe there is someone out here with some skill to manage to get one of those 7 led clusters behind each instrument cluster.......and maybe get them to switch colors by holding down both buttons quickly...

-Chad

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I think the blue cluster/tach would have been nicer but would be harder to see (tach) , but make no mistake , the silver 109 is faster.

·
Registered
178 Posts
crazytank7 said:
As of right now i do not have a 109 so someone with a 109 needs to contact these people. http://www.bluegauges.com/index2.htm
Alto of the sportbike guys like me use them Email him and see what he says..Worth a shot..... :bigthumbsup:
I used to work for an electronics company and feel comfortable enough to tackle this project this weekend. I'll try to take some pics and post any problems I might run into. I'm thinking maybe of using purple LED's to set off the bike at night, but I'm not sure if it'll be bright enough.

·
Registered
898 Posts
other colors would be cool but i don't think the stock color is bad....but purple would kick some a$$....

Khrome

1 - 20 of 50 Posts