M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At slow idle at a stop light fore instance, the blue high beam light flickers off and on. As soon as I rev the engine a bit it goes off and stays of untill the next stop light. How can the blue high beam indicator light have anything to do with the slow idle. Can some one tell me the connection if there is one. Thanks.
Kratto.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Maybe you got a short somewhere?? :dontknow: Cause it sure don't have anything to do with high idle or low idle!! ;) I'd look for some rub marks in the wiring or check the position of the clutch lever on the passing button when you are stopped :bigthumbsup: Did you change the bar angle lately???

Don

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
something is making contact where it should not be and the vibes or throbs at low idle make it connect sort of. like the other guy said if you have moved your bars or controls you need to look at the handle bar control switches and wires. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Don't know if this is related, but I adjusted the clutch handle once and every time I pulled it in, it would lightly touch the "pass" button. I finally took the high beam/signal switch housing housing apart, ground down the little teet that lines up the housing on the handlebars, moved the housing to where I wanted it and torqued the screws back down. It's been that way for a few months now and hasn't worked it's way loose yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for mentioning "if I had moved the handle bars". In fact I did move the handlebars to see if they are more comfortable up higher. The answer to that was NO. So today I moved them back to there original position and strangely enough the high beam signal stopped flickering on and off. Problem solved, Thanks for your help.
I still think however that there must be a short somewhere near the handlebar, but at least I know where to look for the problem.
Thanks your geniusis. That is what I like about this "M109RIDERS" web. Some guy several thousand miles away can help solving problems.
GOOD WORK LAMONSTER.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts