M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 9 out for it's first real ride with some distance yesterday. I have had the bike for a week now. When I arrived at my destination, I noticed that the inner ring of my rear brake disc was blue. I think I must have inadvertently been resting my foot over the rear break pedal and been dragging the brake while riding. If this is true I need to find another foot position.

Has anyone else experienced this or possibly have a recommendation for a better foot position?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I can relate, because of my big feet I had to ride with my feet at about an 80 degree angle. Fixed it by taking the brake pedal arm off putting it in a vice and bending it in toward the bike until it fit my foot/riding style. Works great and only took about 15 minutes, did the same on the shifter arm. Added kyrken iso wings and it works great now.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Move the pedal down a notch or two on the splined shaft,or raise it and bend the arm so your foot can set on the peg under it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Also you may want to just take a peek at your fluid. It may have gotten hot enough to start breaking it down. If it is a very light brown color you're okay, but a dark brown means it needs a change.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had the same problem. From the dealer, the brake lever is positioned too high for the majority of riders. The easiest fix is, as Ron S. has suggested, simply loosen the bolt holding the lever on its spline and move it forward(down) asfar as you need to. If you do a search under 'brake pedal' this 10 minute mod is explained further. CONGRATULATIONSON YOUR 109!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool,

I will try the manual adjustment first, if that fails, I'll try the bending technique.

Thanks for all of your responses.

I'm ready for the next real ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts