M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding this morning doing about 60 MPH when I heard a low pop and the bike shut down. I had all power but no power to the ignition. I pulled the clutch in and coasted into a parking lot. I checked the ignition fuse and it had blown. I replaced it and went on my way. 150 miles plus no issues. I am hoping this is just a fluke. Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
That sucks man. I hope it was just the one time thing. Only got 1k on mine but haven't had any issues yet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
blown fuse

I've got 4-5K on my bike, and have had zero problems. To take out the entire system, a main fuse link, it'll probably be easy to spot the problem. It's the littler fuses that are tied to puny things that get hairy to figure out.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found it. I reached down today when I turned the key and the ignition was so loose it actually moved the whole assembly. My guess if this was the reason. When I found it I was out getting fuel so I checked my tool kit. No Allen wrench that size. I tightened it a little with my phillips and a few paper towels. I guess when I get home I will tighten it ane look to make sure there are no bare spots in the wiring from moving. Moral of the story. Check all of the screws, bolts etc when you do your service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts