M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS ON HWY 100 IN MILWAUKEE WHEN 2 MITSUBISHI EVOS WANTED TO PLAY.
I HIT IT FROM THE LIGHT AND THEY COULDN'T GET NEAR ME. I HAD TO LET UP JUST TO LET THEM CATCH UP.
IT WAS GREAT......................

G

·
mrcleanjw said:
I WAS ON HWY 100 IN MILWAUKEE WHEN 2 MITSUBISHI EVOS WANTED TO PLAY.
I HIT IT FROM THE LIGHT AND THEY COULDN'T GET NEAR ME. I HAD TO LET UP JUST TO LET THEM CATCH UP.
IT WAS GREAT......................
thats funny, there is a guy at my work that has an evo (great looking car) and when i had my vstrom, he was going the opposite direction and revved his engine. I haven't had the time to blow him off the road yet. I will say this, they look fast and are faster than they look. Quick car for $29k or so

·
Registered
277 Posts
I took a chevy truck off the line the other night!! Beat him bad, caught him napping at the light!!  :bigthumbsup:

No, really, he was asleep, I'm pretty sure of it...  :joke:

·
Registered
133 Posts
well i would hope you won your bike is a hair faster, and i mean a hair. we need to pick our battles wisely, i have a friend with a civic i wont even mess with, 400+ hp, 3 second 0-60 and a 1/4 in a hair over 10 secs.....

info on the evo
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4.8 0-60 13.4 1/4 mile
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 4.5 0-60 13.3 1/4 mile
both limited to 157.

you definitly dont want to mess with a Euro one, they will spank you big time and give the crotch rockets a run for their money
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/mitsubishi-evo-8-mr-fq400.htm
0-60 3.5
top speed 175
400 ponies

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
yeah that one suprises me. Evos ar some of the baddest production cars in the world and has the highest power to displacement motor in the world. They must have been stock. Top Gear had a test with one of the British FQ400 (as in 400 factory HP!) against a Lambo Murcielago and it stayed dead even with the 600hp Lambo through the entire road course!

·
Registered
326 Posts
The MK FQ400 version is a aftermarket Evo that cost over $100,000.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
EVO's are great BUT>>>>>

GODZILLA (GTR Skyline) IS KING of the Japo's for good reason. Up to 600hp with just external mods ..800hp with major rebuild and "Top Secret Corp" in Japan make 1400 hp out of this 2.6 litre motor. 4WD on demand and Hi Cas rear steering. This little 2.6 motor runs low 8's even in our local Qtr mile
Watch this vid..when this cars tyres are spinning with every gear change it is all 4 Wheels smoking. The old R32 GTR was BANNED from racing in the Aus V8 Supercars...it won (easily) everytime it raced.

enjoy:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSj7ZLzZn4&mode=related&search=

·
Registered
422 Posts
rasputin said:
EVO's are great BUT>>>>>

GODZILLA (GTR Skyline) IS KING of the Japo's for good reason. Up to 600hp with just external mods ..800hp with major rebuild and "Top Secret Corp" in Japan make 1400 hp out of this 2.6 litre motor. 4WD on demand and Hi Cas rear steering. This little 2.6 motor runs low 8's even in our local Qtr mile
Watch this vid..when this cars tyres are spinning with every gear change it is all 4 Wheels smoking. The old R32 GTR was BANNED from racing in the Aus V8 Supercars...it won (easily) everytime it raced.

enjoy:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSj7ZLzZn4&mode=related&search=
You're making me anxious Rasputin
I have a V35 Skyline and presently looking for a R32 from Japan as another weekend toy for me.
I'm so lucky my wife puts up with me :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Aussie109 said:
You're making me anxious Rasputin
I have a V35 Skyline and presently looking for a R32 from Japan as another weekend toy for me.
I'm so lucky my wife puts up with me :bigthumbsup:
Hi Aussie,
..good choice..my R33 has turbos changed, bigger intercooler and link computer/boost controller (is far from cutting edge), but makes 500 crank HP...have seen a 800 horse motor smoking all 4 tyres at 160kmph..but not a very streetable car with that motor and very harsh clutch.
What's the V35 like..I've seen them..very nice looking..supposed to be a prelude to the new GTR (if it ever eventuates).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Are we twins or something :D
I've owned R30,R31,R33,R34 and now the V35 (G35 Infiniti in USA)
It's a great car manual 6sp, brembo brakes etc. There is a HKS Supercharger kit on it's way.
So you see I've had them all except the R32 so it's time to fix that if I can find the right GTR (1994/white)
Cheers

G

·
Skylines are king, just not in the US. The only way to get them here is an importer on the gray market. And old ones are still EXPENSIVE. There is a shop in town that builds those straight 6 motors and says 900 hp is not a problem with the right turbo and intercooler. Boost is at insane levels, like factory race team levels. Beautiful cars but we don't get JDM here. Good thing, Chevy and Ford are having a tough time right now. It would be worse.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
toneout said:
Skylines are king, just not in the US. The only way to get them here is an importer on the gray market. And old ones are still EXPENSIVE. There is a shop in town that builds those straight 6 motors and says 900 hp is not a problem with the right turbo and intercooler. Boost is at insane levels, like factory race team levels. Beautiful cars but we don't get JDM here. Good thing, Chevy and Ford are having a tough time right now. It would be worse.
Hi Tone,

Here's what I would like the 'tooth fairy' to bring me:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Nissan/auction-67830203.htm

(is that asking too much?)

G

·
Unbelievable. Beautiful. Nismo motor, 700 HP. What would $140,000 AU equal in US $? Hmm... maybe if I sell my M and my three kids... :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
we're supposed to get the "new" skyline here . It will be under the Nissan banner not Infiniti. I think 2008 was the last I read. i'd kill for an R34 GT-R V-spec. Can get one imported by MotoRex in Cali. But you're talking $100k. I'd have to settle for the EVO, more towards my price range.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts