M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this old shot that i took almost 7 years ago....Take a look at gas prices.....:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I found this old shot that i took almost 7 years ago....Take a look at gas prices.....:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Gas was that cheap around here just a couple years back.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Filled up yesterday $3.50, We've been hornswagulled.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
just filled my motorhome up it was bone empty, klick klick, looked up to see $342.50 P.S. 110 gallon tank

·
Registered
214 Posts
just filled my motorhome up it was bone empty, klick klick, looked up to see $342.50 P.S. 110 gallon tank
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I shoulda rode my vtwin.
Prices are expected to back up to 4 and 5 a gallon before the next two years are up. Thats going to kill us for sure. Its going to run upthe price of a gallon of milk to 5 or 6 bucks and everything else.

Didnt they learn anything the first time.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I shoulda rode my vtwin.
Prices are expected to back up to 4 and 5 a gallon before the next two years are up. Thats going to kill us for sure. Its going to run upthe price of a gallon of milk to 5 or 6 bucks and everything else.

Didnt they learn anything the first time.
Yup,,,,,,,,,,,,,That they could get away with it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
If the current prices had the effect of keeping so many damn cagers off the road I wouldn't mind so much.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I rememember when is was $1.00 a gallon

We won't ever see that again. I'm afraid that after the election we'll see them rise again.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm old enough to remember buying "Sunoco 260" premium fuel for .45 a gallon for my 68 mustang....

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Funny thing is.....we were bitching about those prices back then also.
One day we may be looking back to today thinking about how we had it made paying only $3.00 a gal.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm old enough to remember buying "Sunoco 260" premium fuel for .45 a gallon for my 68 mustang....
Yea, I remember as a kid my mother giving me two quarters and a empty gallon can to get gas for the lawn mower. Made sure I gave her back the change!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
In the 70's I was a garbage dewd, riding shotgun on the back of a truck LOL. I could collect beer cans and keep my vehicles fueled up........ I remember also, going to station with dad and our 50 gallon drums buying gas for .32 during gas wars, they called them.

And for the hot rods, we would go to the airport and buy aviation fuel. Like 103 octane or around there, Played heck on old fuel lines but yehawwwwwww when they ran

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
We all remember during the summer of 2008 when oil hit $147.00 a barrel, and gas prices were north of $4.00 a gallon. When the speculation ended, and the price collapsed down into the $30.00 + range for a barrel, gas prices in our neck of the woods made it back down to the $1.49 a gallon regular range.

But truth be told, I seriously doubt we'll see that again unless the economy takes a serious turn for the worst, and no one can afford to drive anymore. Then gas will be affordable, and no one can afford it.:eek:

With unemployment still at record highs, and millions falling off of unempolyment benefits every month or so, don't doubt it could happen. We are already in the Great Depression Part II, but shart loads of government spending is hiding it. And the government cannot continue to do so forever, sooner or later China and Japan will stop buying our U.S. Treasuries, then BOOM!
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-suicide-painless

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ne...overy-and-gdp-underperforming-average-over-50

·
Registered
5,844 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
We all remember during the summer of 2008 when oil hit $147.00 a barrel, and gas prices were north of $4.00 a gallon. When the speculation ended, and the price collapsed down into the $30.00 + range for a barrel, gas prices in our neck of the woods made it back down to the $1.49 a gallon regular range.

But truth be told, I seriously doubt we'll see that again unless the economy takes a serious turn for the worst, and no one can afford to drive anymore. Then gas will be affordable, and no one can afford it.:eek:

With unemployment still at record highs, and millions falling off of unempolyment benefits every month or so, don't doubt it could happen. We are already in the Great Depression Part II, but shart loads of government spending is hiding it. And the government cannot continue to do so forever, sooner or later China and Japan will stop buying our U.S. Treasuries, then BOOM!
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-suicide-painless

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ne...overy-and-gdp-underperforming-average-over-50
Tyler Durden needs to run for president LOL I would vote for him... Sun coming out, It will be a ride day for sure

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Tyler Durden needs to run for president LOL I would vote for him... Sun coming out, It will be a ride day for sure
First link was actually written by Jim Quinn, of The Burning Platform, and posted on Zero Hedge as a "Guest Post".

Both Jim Quinn and "Tyler Durdin" are too smart to ever run for an elected office. We elect idiots all the time, because they are the only ones stupid enough to want to be in that position.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts