M109 Rider Forums banner
741 - 760 of 764 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I'm returning here after a long absence. Love the new site layout ! Here's my same ride since new: 2009 M109R. I took this photo in my driveway in the late afternoon using a flash and special camera techniques. View attachment 419200
Welcome back Bro. Although your bike is predominantly stock, I really like what you've done with the picture. Are those Cylinder Covers actually gold, or is that something you did using the camera affects?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome back Bro. Although your bike is predominantly stock, I really like what you've done with the picture. Are those Cylinder Covers actually gold, or is that something you did using the camera affects?
Hi Judah. The cylinder covers are actually gold. It's a two-step process from Dupli-Color that you can do yourself.

1. First you spray on Dupli-Color 'Adhesion Promoter'. Basically, it's like a clear primer that allows the paint to stick to chrome.
2. Then you spray on Dupli-Color 'Metalcast' paint, using your choice of colors (depending on availability): ie: Gold, Purple, Green or Blue.
Metalcast is semi-transparent (rather than opaque) which allows the chrome finish underneath to shine through. The number of layers that you spray on will determine the color depth. If you put on too many layers, then at some point you'd start blocking out the chrome. I found that 3 layers worked well.

Newer versions of this product might include the adhesion promoter and paint in one step.

Here is a YouTube link with more information:
Dupli-Color Metalcast

The beauty of this is stuff is that you can remove the paint later if you wish. The M109 cylinder covers have a good chrome finish on them and are not affected by paint remover.

I've changed the colors on mine three times already.... This is what the blue looks like:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Hi Judah. The cylinder covers are actually gold. It's a two-step process from Dupli-Color that you can do yourself.

1. First you spray on Dupli-Color 'Adhesion Promoter'. Basically, it's like a clear primer that allows the paint to stick to chrome.
2. Then you spray on Dupli-Color 'Metalcast' paint, using your choice of colors (depending on availability): ie: Gold, Purple, Green or Blue.
Metalcast is semi-transparent (rather than opaque) which allows the chrome finish underneath to shine through. The number of layers that you spray on will determine the color depth. If you put on too many layers, then at some point you'd start blocking out the chrome. I found that 3 layers worked well.

Newer versions of this product might include the adhesion promoter and paint in one step.

Here is a YouTube link with more information:
Dupli-Color Metalcast

The beauty of this is stuff is that you can remove the paint later if you wish. The M109 cylinder covers have a good chrome finish on them and are not affected by paint remover.

I've changed the colors on mine three times already.... This is what the blue looks like:

View attachment 419201
Thank you Bro. That is very intriguing. I'm going to keep that in my back pocket, as I am having thoughts of incorporating that into one of my 9s...mostly the 14' model I have. :) (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry guys and gals, I might not be able to post pics 'cos I'm new or something.....
Here's a quick run down for those imaginative souls.....

Bought a nice stock black and chrome 2018 last year with less than 4,000km on the clock. (now 10,000km). Only had a national screen fitted..
Began with the following:
Replaced all fluids.
Checked over bike thoroughly.
De-Beavered.
Lowered 2".
Tinted black (film) tail light.
De-baffled (Redline Performance) and de-valve exhaust.
O2 removed.
Air box modified.
Professionally tuned stock ECU (Neville Lush Racing).
250 Dunny E4 fitted after fairly rapid execution of remaining rubber on standard 240.
L.A.F. Stebel Nautilus Horn under front cowling.
Door remote under badge.
GPS on center of bar.
More to come as time progresses..

Hope all are well...

741 - 760 of 764 Posts