M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like chrome as much as the next guy, but i've always though blacked out bikes look little tougher, more industrial. Took some of my old pics of the bike and played a little in photoshop. Wondering what others thought of this look, i like it a lot and it's something that i can do myself, rather than sending parts out to chrome. I'd go for a very glossy black or charcoal. Sort of a black chrome look.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow thats frickin awsome lookin. You said thats all photo shopped? How would you do it yourself? I mean paint of powder coat? I've been thinking about making my wheels black, but never thought of taking it that far. My bike is silver but I think it would look cool too with a bunch of blacked out parts.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slick- all those parts can be painted, fairly easily. May require some dis assembly in the winter months.

Ruben- if you post a pic of your white bike or if you alread have, direct me to it, i can photoshop if for you. i think it'd be cool white and black, or it may look like a police bike.

·
Registered
443 Posts
DO it , and more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
81 Posts
That thing is sick.. kinda makes me wish I got the black one (just kidding :evil:)
but seriously, go for it

G

·
When I got the wife the M-50 I was not sure I liked the black wheels but it grows on you, I think a black 109r with all black would be bad.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
BlkM109r said:
I like chrome as much as the next guy, but i've always though blacked out bikes look little tougher, more industrial. Took some of my old pics of the bike and played a little in photoshop. Wondering what others thought of this look, i like it a lot and it's something that i can do myself, rather than sending parts out to chrome. I'd go for a very glossy black or charcoal. Sort of a black chrome look.

I love it would be happy to paint one like that for you. I am at the house of kolors training center this week and we were just talking about doing the pipes and other parts in High heat black. How about doing flat black graphics over the factory black then using the flat black on the parts that you are painting. Maybe a silver pinstripe to tie in the with the silver painted parts of the bike?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wasn't sure that it would even be possible to do the pipes, which is why i didn't black them in the pic. Might be too much on the black bike. Black pipes on a silver bike would look good

1 - 20 of 58 Posts