M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a 2011 LE in the spring. I was wondering if anyone could share some thoughts on a big fat BLACK exhaust to go along with the blackened out wheels and drive hub?
I have seen the Cobra Tri-oval, black, and I do like the look. I have also read that some of you think the sound is not that great.
I wish Rainey made his Revo Cannon in black, with a more of a complete kit ( no welding or using parts of the original exhaust)....cause that 5" or 6" cannon in black...on the new 2011 LE...would be the bomb.

Dave

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Try the Roadburner velocity Pro 2/1. The 5" can should suffice. I think HardKrome bought them out and are now available again through them. I get alot of compliments locally with this pipe.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If all else fails you can get any pipe coated for like 120-140 bucks. My original sideburner I had done and it looked awesome. Just an idea.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if you get a pipe painted or coated, what would they use that could handle the heat and not peel off?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Woah !! (Minor thread jack) ... Hey Tyler gimme a lil info on you having your Chrome pipe "Coated black" please. Im thinking strongly of having my swepts coated but I have many questions and dont know who to ask. #1 do they have to strip the chrome first?, Chemically perhaps, I dont know how they prep a pipe once it's been chromed. #2 Are yours powder coated or cerama coated. My fear with powder coating is geting it to stick initially over chrome and then being exposed to temps above 400 degrees once back on the bike. Unsure if that high temp again would cause issues like burning the finish.

Dave: Personaly I love my swepts thats why im thinking of having them blackened but... If I considered any other pipes it would be the black Velocity Pro 2 into 1

Okie9er

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wildman...I think they are out of business. I tried to email their web site...came back as undeliverable.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have seen a black 5" cannon exhaust on this on this site its been some time ago and I don't know if it came that way or the owner did it but I haven't seen a exhaust that looks or sounds better than that one

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I saw that Okie. I'm trying to talk myself into the Revo Cannon from rainey. He will send them compltete(no cutting or welding) in a polished, not chrome, form. I will take them to get coated in a matte or flat black.
Put that on the 2011 LE, black and orange.
Don't tell my wife....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Can't wait to see it when you get done. If I was going to a 2 into 1 pipe, that Rainey pipe would be it. :bigthumbsup:

As far as powder coating your pipe, just have them do it with High Temp paint and you will be good.

I had my stock shields done and have had no problems.

Post some pics when you get it done...

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dave I feel your pain I will get that cannon exhaust some time It's just a hard one to pull the trigger on Im sure it will be worth it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
FOR SALE

I have 2006 M109 that needs to be parted out. I have Engine/ Trans Radiator. Wheels so hit me up and let make a deal....Its got to go.. 386-547-1806... HIT ME UP AND PASS IT ON

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am thinking of buying a 2011 LE in the spring. I was wondering if anyone could share some thoughts on a big fat BLACK exhaust to go along with the blackened out wheels and drive hub?
I have seen the Cobra Tri-oval, black, and I do like the look. I have also read that some of you think the sound is not that great.
I wish Rainey made his Revo Cannon in black, with a more of a complete kit ( no welding or using parts of the original exhaust)....cause that 5" or 6" cannon in black...on the new 2011 LE...would be the bomb.

Dave
Dave, The Sideburner (from Hardkrome) comes in black. http://www.hardkrome.com/pages/productsDetail.asp?productID=7798&appid=188

I have a Chrome one and the sound is awesome...

John

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Roadburner velocity pro lites in matte black.:bigthumbsup: the only way to go IMHO; if you want black and big.

EDIT: They are now Hard Chrome not Roadburner

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
From the people I've talked to about blacking out my Velocity Pro's they tell me powder coating them runs the risk of flaking with the high temps but if you ceramic coat them you're all good. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts