M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my bike has a blue metalic flake in it. Only when the sun is shinning on it do you notice the color. Haven't seen another Black M109 to be able to determine this.I will post a pic after work and see if the color will show. I was wondering if this is a normal color for the Black 109's or new to the '07.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My black '06 has the same flake in it and also my son has a 2006 Honda Civic that's black that has the same blue flake in it. It must be a Japanize paint thing ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have just three words for you all;

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

BLACK IS FASTER!!! :hot:

·
Registered
686 Posts
My 2001 Suzuki Volusia has that same metal flake in the black paint. Suzuki has been using it for years now. :) I really like it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Tried to get the blue flake, but just wouldn't come out no matter how close I got. But Here's my 2007 Black 109!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
this is as about a good a shot i could get of the blue metalic paint on the 06 109 shows up pretty well i think

·
Registered
131 Posts
The black is really nice and it is the best fit for that mean and powerful cruiser IMHO.
The blue flakes are standard and even we germans have them on our blacks  :D

The only thing I have to call annoying is, that the black paint is soooo darn sensitive to dust and scratches :cus: !

I have now bought a special "nano-repair" yello, that can even things out again. But you need some elbow grease...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a black '06 but I hadn't noticed the blue flake. I'll have to check it out when it stops raining. BTW, I am a bit color blind in the blue-green range so I may have to get my wife to see if she sees it. :redfaced:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Xhiler8r said:
this is as about a good a shot i could get of the blue metalic paint on the 06 109 shows up pretty well i think

Man that sure is purty when the sun hits it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
When the "little blue flakes" grow up to be big and strong, they'll look like this... :joke:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
When the "little blue flakes" grow up to be big and strong, they'll look like this...  :joke:

and what is that colour called Pansy Blue or something along those lines :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts