M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share with everyone how I'm progressing :D  Just completed earlier this week all "Stage 1" mods :bigthumbsup:  My wife is looking over my shoulder as I'm preparing this posting and her comment was "OMG, you've got to be kidding me"!  :evil: Oh well.....

Anyway, all parts in this mod purchased from our awesome sponsor of this site - Direct Line Parts. Those guys are just great :clap2:  Easy ordering and fast shipping :bigthumbsup:  I'm just an average Joe (far from a bike mechanic), but with all the knowledge shared on this board :read: , I'm proud to say that I did all the mods myself! Special thanks to Lamonster and J R who fielded a couple of phone calls and helped during moments of frustration - thanks guys :bow: :beer2:

Kuryakyn Grips (KUR-6235), Stiletto End Caps (KUR-6249) and Throttle Boss (KUR-6250)

Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs (KUR-4446)

Kuryakyn Small LED Silver Amber Bullets - Front (KUR-2361)

****Got Rid of that hunk of Plastic in the Rear and cleaned it up with the following items:
Kuryakyn Small LED Silver Red Bullets - Rear (KUR-2372)
Signal Dynamics "Quad" LED Chrome License Plate Frame with Red Sites (SIG-02026)
Cycle House Stainless Steel License Plate Bracket (CYC-M1096572)

Air Intake Mod (Thanks to Botlfed109) http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1631.msg19765#msg19765

JSD-3M www.jsdproducts.com Ignition Timing Advancer

Cobra Speedster Longs Exhaust (COB-3921) and Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Pot (COB-921845)

Â

To follow:
1.  Metzeler rear 260 as soon as the 240 is ready for replacement
2. Chrome Drive Shaft Cover (on back order with Suzuki)
3. Full Cut Gel Seat (on back order with Suzuki). I'm seriously thinking about cancelling this and ordering a Corbin seat.

Now only time to "Enjoy the Ride"Â :hot: :a18:Â :doorag:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sweet what about a lowering bone?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Man that is nice. Now just cut off those bicycle reflectors and it will be ultra-fine.

G

·
Investor, very, very nice. One thing: The tool bag looks a little low. It may hit your fender and scratch it or hit it. Don't ask me how I know. :p

·
Registered
936 Posts
here's what it looks like lowered. i have pretty much the same mods. already have the 260. to be honest i really don't care for your air intake set up or mine,i'm working on something diffrent

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OYChoppa said:
Man that is nice. Now just cut off those bicycle reflectors and it will be ultra-fine.
Thanks, and ya know, I got to looking and you're right so off they came today :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruno said:
Investor, very, very nice. One thing: The tool bag looks a little low. It may hit your fender and scratch it or hit it. Don't ask me how I know. :p
I learned the hard way on a another bike - and the bag is absolutely NOT on the fender :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
me too jerked mine off, i'm gonna do something with the stock breather back plate. other than that youv'e got a bad azz bike dude. i love it, now you need too lower it.

G

·
Looks nice. . . 2 questions

1) Did everything you needed come with the front lights or did you have to buy anything extra to mount them?
2) Is that the same LP holder in all your pictures? One picture shows red around the plate and the other picture shows clear LED.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
notlohdahc said:
Looks nice. . . 2 questions

1) Did everything you needed come with the front lights or did you have to buy anything extra to mount them?
2) Is that the same LP holder in all your pictures? One picture shows red around the plate and the other picture shows clear LED.

Â
1. Yes, with the exception of some 1" spacers that I used on the mounting bolts inside of the light cowl
2. Different pictures (as mentioned by silentrider). I like the clear also :bigthumbsup: , but actually like the red (mine) much better :a18: because this LP holder connects into your brake light harness and serves as a rear running light (lighting up your LP), but also illuminates bright red when applying your brake providing you with extra brake lights (and that always helps the person on your rear see you). It functions just as the stock light on your rear fender!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts