M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I dodged a bird strike at speed on my bike in Pismo Saturday (right Sicmoto...?) but hit a crow in my car this morning when I was heading over to Halfdome109r's to pick up my cell phone I left in his backpack (guess I got off lucky this time).

Mark watch out fer the road kill on Meridian right after 280... :D

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Sounds like you def. dodged the bullet....
Would have much rather hit it on a cager for sure!
This sounds a little odd, but :congrats:!!!lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you def. dodged the bullet....
Would have much rather hit it on a cager for sure!
This sounds a little odd, but :congrats:!!!lol
I just saw the bird coming out of the left, and then do that 'Oh SIHT' stop right in front of me...

Andy behind me said it looked like a Matrix move.

My truck has a smudge on the top of the windshield... ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I had a Cormorant bounce off my Helmut and then he crapped on the girl on the bike behind me last year, Ha Ha, :joke:. Their big birds and weigh a couple of pounds.

·
Registered
838 Posts
two birds two bikes. first one was a pair of birds. first bird made it, second one hit my fork, bounced up and almost hit my passenger.
second one (50 mph) cut in front of me, saw truck to my right, cut back hit my left cheek. heard bones crunch.
I remember reading someones story about a lady hitting a bird at high speed. Beak vs cheek. Facial damage.

good to hear you were able to dodge danger.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Birds , should be out lawed ,Germ had a buzzard nearly take his head off two weeks ago , and
I had a Sparrow strike last year ,I met the nasty thing at 60 miles a hour
Square in the forehead ,nearly knocked me off the bike ,:nojoke:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
DOWN with birds! Worthless creatures anyway! :D :joke:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I've hit the beggars twice now! Thankfully not on a bike:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I just barely ducked under a red tailed hawk that was taking off from the median of the NYS Thruway on Sunday. :eek:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
I ducked under a turkey last year that decided to try and fly over the guard rail just as I was approaching. They don't gain altitude very fast.

My worst bird collision memory was one my Dad had. We were heading to Florida in his 59 Chevy panel truck (really old version of something like a Suburban for you younger folks) and hit a crow. It had those huge west coast style mirrors that bolted to the outside of the door and some of the crow caught the mirror. The rest ended up on Dad's chest. Not a pretty sight.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I took out a seagal with my old F150. If flew down by the bumper and all I saw was white feathers come out the back.:evil:

Then there was a small bird in WY with the Lexus. Loud noise and some blood on the car.

That makes two for me.

·
Registered
766 Posts
So far no birds on the bike. But was doing 70mph on the cherokke and passed by the city dump. The buzzards decided to fly away and one of them ended in my windshield.... Shattered the right side of it. No a nice sight .. Can just imagine what would have happened if I had been on a bike.

·
Registered
275 Posts
A few years ago my wife, stepson and I were traveling in my car on I90 through south dakota. There was a goose flying across a field to our right and I jokingly said we were going to hit it. Well go figure our paths crossed at 75mph right in the upper right corner of the windshield. Knocked the rearview mirror off. Then last summer I took a crow out with my left foot while doing 60mph on the bike. Feathers went flying on that one.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Happened to me too

I've managed to catch two birds on seperate occaisons under my arm to let them go. Funny but scary too. I've only hit one and it bounced off the windshield and died.

·
Registered
890 Posts
We were on A ride and A friend blocked A bird with his fist it went over him and hit the guy behind him when we pulled over he said he was sorry for flipping him the bird.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I was cruising home one evening and there were two starlings (kinda like blackbirds) that crossed my path I ducked the first one but the second was following closely and I caught it with the top of my helmet, I saw it in the mirror as it flipped and hit the pavement. Birds have a death wish I think.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
Birds have a death wish I think.
Rabbits have the same death wish. It's like they are thinking, which way do I go. Left-right-left-right, up the middle, back across the road, off the side, back on the road. Then you hit them. Kind of like playing dodge ball with a furry critter.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Rabbits have the same death wish. It's like they are thinking, which way do I go. Left-right-left-right, up the middle, back across the road, off the side, back on the road. Then you hit them. Kind of like playing dodge ball with a furry critter.
My Greyhound loves the indecisiveness of rabbits !!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts