M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to wait until I was able to complete this mod before posting these pics. I can't wait. The owner of Donnells Motorcycles in Independence MO had this new twist on the HD billet license frame. SUPER CLEAN IMHO, I am definitely doing it to mine. Let me know what you guys think or if you want the info on details. Bart was generous enough to share the details AFTER I bought my bike from him...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think I like that better than the left side mounts... Whats it bolted to, the rear caliper mount?? If so, will he be suppling a longer bolt to make the connection and what is it going to cost?

hmmm... any more questions??? Oh yeah, where we order from when available?? 8)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No new parts required, buy the frame/bracket, remove caliper bracket and it needs to be milled down(40-50 bucks) the exact thickness of the new license bracket. Re-paint the caliper bracket black. Remove the axle and reassemble with the license bracket in between. The wiring for the LED is run underneath the swing arm. Done.

G

·
BIGD... said:
Wow, what and how much does it take to get that done?? Definitely leaves the left side clean for showing off the chrome wheels, hub and drive shaft... ;) :evil: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just noticed from these pictures you posted that this bike has cobra pipes on it that are a lot smaller than the stockers... would this mount even FIT with the stockers still on?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found the brackets on demons cycle ebay store for 99-139.00 which is very reasonable in my opinion. Labor for machine work 40-50 bucks depending on where you take it. It's actually a very simple mill job so if you check around it might be cheaper. If you do the rest of the labor that's it!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bart told me he had the pipes done last, I will confirm on Tuesday to make sure. I have no desire to change the stock exhaust. If it won't fit I'll re-post any new info.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just looked at mine again and there will not be any problems with clearance on stock pipes. I will take some more pics on tuesday to give a straight on view from the rear. The bracket is actually tucked slightly inside the wheel. from straight behind you can't see the entire plate.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have confirmation from the technician who installed it that this setup will work with stock exhaust.
I'll post a couple more pics tonight if anyone is interested.

G

·
BIGD... said:
I have confirmation from the technician who installed it that this setup will work with stock exhaust.
I'll post a couple more pics tonight if anyone is interested.
I am interested... I am also interested in a production version and how to instructions... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When mine arrives I'll take plenty of pics and write down the steps involved. If there is enough interest I will pursue buying the plate frames directly from the manufacturer and do some kind of exchange program on the caliper brackets. I could afford to buy some and keep them in stock if necessary.

G

·
BIGD... said:
When mine arrives I'll take plenty of pics and write down the steps involved. If there is enough interest I will pursue buying the plate frames directly from the manufacturer and do some kind of exchange program on the caliper brackets. I could afford to buy some and keep them in stock if necessary.
cool... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Durn BIGD , Here i am saying how much i dislike the side mounts and you go a post a picture of the clean side of the bike,MAN I love clean!!! and that really cleans up the shaft side of the bike! :eek: and as said above shows off the rim More.
if you had that chrome caliper cover on there she would be BLING BLING :D then you would have to get the shaft cover :D etc.... But thats the fun part Right :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I like that on the right side because you can hide your wires for the light. I was going to do mine on the right side anyways but now I think I am liking this better than what I was going to do. Send pics and how to do info when finished.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts