M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found out today that it's a done deal, my 2009 LE is totalled, pics to follow. When I got the news I was devastated. I'm just really greatful I wasn't hurt worse than I was. Just 5 broken/crushed ribs and a bruised hip and azz. Sucks for sure though. I'm trying to stay positive but it's sure difficult. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I really liked that bike. I've been riding now for 30+ years and it's been the best bike I've ever owned. Just trying to lighten my mood with a little humor.

Have an appointment with attorney tommorow. The perp who cut me off has already admitted to the dasterdly deed. The two officers who were at the scene tell me that they are willing to go to bat for me in court. However, it going to be a LONG healing process, physically, psychogically and emotionally.

I'm hitting the site alot and trying to stay active and motivitated. The wife and friends have been really supportive and I it's going to get better but right now IT SUCKS!!!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm much more concerned about your health than your bike, but we can all understand how if feels to loose a bike you totally loved. Hopefully you have good insurance and you'll be able to get another one and customize it how you want it for next year.

Try to stay positive as best you can and know that you'll be out on the open road with wind in your face in the not too distant future! :doorag:

You know I went down last Spring for the first time in my life (I still have no memory whatsoever as to what happened, not sure if I blacked out before I went down for some unknown reason or what) and I was proabably going 45mph-50mph up on the mountain curves and I broke my left Clavical is all. It's a wonder I wasn't run over by another vehicle or bike. Stuff happens and it could have always been alot worse. Sorry to hear about your injuries. Broken ribs are no fun at all I'm sure. But I healed up in 6 weeks and rode another 5000-6000 miles the rest of the year and never had another issue. So the same can be true of you as well!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Damn sorry to hear about your bike. Look at the bright side of things, it's winter so unless u live down south your weren't going to ride the bike much anyway. As far as it being a long drawn out process, you have until april or may to get yourself back in riding shape (start working out now). As far as getting a bike, well that depends on your financial situation but there are many "9"'s on the market in all price ranges.
All in all i'm glad to see that your ok and that your not seriously hurt. Stay strong and dont worry all will be fine.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Always look on the positive side, you are going to have a new canvas to paint with the new 09 LE that your gonna pick up. I'm just really glad that you are able to talk about it.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sorry to hear that your 9 is totaled. It's good that your healing process has started and that your on your way to better health. I know I would feel a deep loss if my 9 was gone. But, hopefully you will be well compensated with the law suite and you insurance company so that you can start shopping for a new 9.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Good luck with the case, sounds like a solid case though. Hope you get enough to buy yourself a nice new garage for the new bike you get ;).

Were you yelling "Geronimo" when you were going down :bigthumbsup:.

Take care man, Im sure it hurts in more ways than one, but you'll be back up in no time.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No more like

The last thing I remember was seeing her on a cell phone as she turned left into my path. I think I yelled, OHoooooo Shiz! :joke:

Good luck with the case, sounds like a solid case though. Hope you get enough to buy yourself a nice new garage for the new bike you get ;).

Were you yelling "Geronimo" when you were going down :bigthumbsup:.

Take care man, Im sure it hurts in more ways than one, but you'll be back up in no time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry to hear that - heal quickly and you will be riding as soon as you are ready. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Gosh I'm sorry to hear of these accidents. I try and always say nobody sees me but you all have more experience and I still hear about these accidents, so I can only hope my time never comes.

Glad you were not hurt worse. Bikes are only things. Replaceable. Doesn't mean we don't grow attached to them but they are more easily replaced than a limb or etc.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I had a feeling that it would be because of the way you described it. Heal up over the winter. Those bones can take sometime to heal.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I am very glad you are on your way to recovery. I am also VERY GLAD the bike is totalled. In a case like this, it isn't worth fixing it and possibly never having it correct. 4 wheels is one thing, but 2 wheels you don't need to have that thought in your mind anytime you feel a funny vibration or something.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Found out today that it's a done deal, my 2009 LE is totalled, pics to follow. When I got the news I was devastated. I'm just really greatful I wasn't hurt worse than I was. Just 5 broken/crushed ribs and a bruised hip and azz. Sucks for sure though. I'm trying to stay positive but it's sure difficult. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I really liked that bike. I've been riding now for 30+ years and it's been the best bike I've ever owned. Just trying to lighten my mood with a little humor.

Have an appointment with attorney tommorow. The perp who cut me off has already admitted to the dasterdly deed. The two officers who were at the scene tell me that they are willing to go to bat for me in court. However, it going to be a LONG healing process, physically, psychogically and emotionally.

I'm hitting the site alot and trying to stay active and motivitated. The wife and friends have been really supportive and I it's going to get better but right now IT SUCKS!!!!
OKKKKKKKKKKKK

A mechanic was removing a cylinder-head from the motor of a Harley motorcycle when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.
The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike when the mechanic shouted across the garage "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?"

The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his ha nds on a rag and said, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, repair any damage, and then put them back in, and when I finish, it works just like new.

So how come I make $39,675 a year, a pretty small salary and you get the really big bucks ($1,695,759) when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The cardiologist paused, smiled and leaned over, then whispered to the mechanic................................
"Try doing it with the engine running."

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
tbar, I'm really sorry to hear your bike is gone. But I feel really good that you're still on here telling us about it. Heal fast and well, and get another one when you can. You'll love it just as much as this one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
you have until april or may to get yourself back in riding shape (start working out now). .
Ya, you better get started on those crunches tonight :joke:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
You'll be back in the saddle again before you know it. I know I love the hell out of my 9, but I also have to tell myself "It's just a motorcycle". If it breaks, it can be fixed or replaced.
Hang in there and get healed up. We're all glad to hear that it wasn't worse, and that you're alive to tell us about it yourself.

-Josh

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Sorry about the bike, but don't be too quick to settle up. The healing could take a while and the after affects could be a problem as well. Take your time, rest up and heal!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank You Everyone

I want to thank everyone for their support during these difficult times and this site for all of the good info and fellowship it promotes. I plan to stay active on the site over the winter and play movies I shot of me running The Dragon to keep me sane.

I go see my lawyer today and I'm bringing him this picture of my bike and telling him I want my hospital bills paid but more important I want this back with the mods I had on it - PERIOD! I'll keep everyone posted. See ya on the road in the spring. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry to hear she was nice. just get better and find the new girl to look arfter :bigthumbsup:
hope you every thing gose in your faver

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just trying to lighten my mood with a little humor.

Sorry to hear this... but I have two second hand crutches I want to sell. Send me y'r address. I want $50 each. ;)

I've learned that in life nothing just happens without a reason Tbar. Hang in... everything will come right again. Just hang in...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts