M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
True.Except for Harley Davidson! KEZZ. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
very true....they still use good ol trailer lights on there bikes.....and radiators...what are they??

i know the v-rod is water cooled but what did H-D do in the production of that bike....sublet Porsche.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i think u should put the knobby on the 9 for better hook up

·
Registered
319 Posts
My first bike was one of these. :D Wish I'd have kept the thing. Probably still be running like a top today.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'd like to see you slap a fat 250 tire on the Scrambler!!! ;)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I couldn't imagine going back to a bike with carbs, drive chain, and air cooling. Two of things from the 70s the 9 does have that I could do without is non-self canceling turn signals and no hydraulic clutch....

You guys are right about Harleys, but they're actually still working their way UP to the 70s....

·
Registered
232 Posts
My first bike was a 750 Suzuki 2 stroke. It would fly but the trail of smoke would piss off the cars behind you. At the time I thought I was the king of the road. Man, somebody slap me! 8)

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
The Honda 305 Scrambler my first bike. Bought it new in 1966. One tough bike. Looks great the way it is.
RED Honda 50 Mini Trail, in 3rd grade was my 1st. bike:bigthumbsup: And 17 bikes later the (9)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RED Honda 50 Mini Trail, in 3rd grade was my 1st. bike:bigthumbsup: And 17 bikes later the (9)
Thanks everyone for posting replies and taking me down memory lane. I started a new thread on FIRST BIKES and/or MEMORABLE BIKES. I would enjoy it if you'd repost some of the above photos and stories there for others to see.

Thanks,
Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts