M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode pretty nice once I figured out where to tie down at. Had it all planned and working with my old bike just had to adjust for the 9.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Broken, but going on with the travel............ The rest of my group behind

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I always strap down around the lower triple tree. Never the bars. Too much stress IMO. Good lookin bike btw:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Looks good. What are the dimensions on that trailer? Looks like it would hold 2 bikes pretty easily if needed and that what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Looks good. What are the dimensions on that trailer? Looks like it would hold 2 bikes pretty easily if needed and that what I'm looking for.
Mine is a 6x10 and holds both of our bikes nicely.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Here is mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I just purchased a slightly used Kendal folding trailer that I have been wanting to try. I only use it to take the bike in for service. The one I had before was a 5x8 from Northern Tools with a wheel chock from Harbor Freight mounted to the front. Worked great. The Kendal is set up for 2 large cruisers, 3 dirt bikes, or 2 ATV's.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I dont strap the rear of the bike

·
Registered
890 Posts
I also like to tie down at the lower triple tree it makes the bike more solid and it does not put a lot of pressure around the grips or wires that run along the handle bars I alway tie down the back it will shift over rough roads and a must if hauling two bikes harbor freight wheel chock rocks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it is a 6'5" wide by 14' long. I think that if I position them right I can get 3 or 4 on. I used to get 2 bikes on a 5' by 10' but it was tight and you had to make sure that the mirrors didn't hit while transporting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought about leaving the back unstrapped but being a truck driver has left me somewhat anal about load retention so I have a tendancy to overstrap.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I thought about leaving the back unstrapped but being a truck driver has left me somewhat anal about load retention so I have a tendancy to overstrap.
I remember when I loaded my bike up to head to the dyno and go down the street from my house and remembered that I didnt strap down my bike. So I pull on the side of the street and the bike was still upright in the wheel chock.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does anyone use the handle bar straps? For the ends?
If your talking about the "soft straps" that are nothing more than 2 loops that you attach the ratchet strap end to, then yes I use them all the time on my bikes. So far I love them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts