M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some jack wagen of a tennie dopper cut me off on Bardstown Rd. in Kentucky this morning. To aviod hitting her I had to lay the bike down.:cus: I scrambled out of the Center of Bardstown Rd. to avoid being run over by a car and dived into the grass. About this time she comes running over asking if I'm alright. I look at her with this funny look :verymad: and ask her if had insurance. She did, only reason she's still alive. After telling her I was alright I ran into the road and tried to puck up my bike to assess the damages. I didn't know that I had multiple fractures of my ribs until I tried to do this. I immediately got dizzy with pain helping like a little girl. I'm going to Louisville tommorow where my baby is under lock and ket at the Louisville Police vehicle impound lot to assess the damages. I'm also contacting the attorney I had from my last wrech in 2001 (Was rear ended and almost killed) 87 tear old man with catracts.

Just got of the hospital today and feel like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. I'm in alot of pain but I'm still alive and I hope that I can fix my 9. :'(

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Wow man, sorry to hear about this. Wish a speedy recovery for ya. At least she stopped. Hope the bike isn't to fubar'd.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Lets look on the positive side here.

1) You are ok to tell us....thank god.
2) She stopped and has to take responsiblity and didn't run.
3) You are retired now so you won't miss much work.

Really glad you are ok my friend. Hopefully your ribs heal quick and you feel no pain.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I'm glad that you'll be okay. Hopefully your 9 doesn't have much damage to it. But either way I'm sure you'll have it up and running in no time. I wish you a speedy recovery!!!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Tbar, sorry to hear about your misfortunes but you have to count your blessing that it wasn't worst. As you have probably heard many times before, material things can always be replaced but you only get one chance at life, and no one never knows when that chance will come. I pray for a speedy recovery and everything else will take care of itself:bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am so sorry T.. I am glad you are okay. What did your 9 look like from what you could see? Minor damage or all scraped to heck? Is breathing a painful experience, and what is the heal time on broken ribs? Again, I am glad you are okay, I dont know what I would do if I didnt see that signature of yours in posts regularly. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
:-\sorry to hear this news, glad your ok. at least riding season mostly over, so youll have all winter to get your 9 back up and running. maybe you can get her insurance to pay for some new mods:D

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I have been trying to contact you

TBAR, I have been trying to get in touch with you off and on today. Mark called me yesterday, and told me what had happened. I didn't want to bother you yesterday, because I am sure you had enough to deal with at that point in time. Well, I just wanted to speak with you and let you know if you need me for anything, please feel free to contact me any time. I will do my best to assist you in any way possible. I have a lot of stock M109R parts that are in brand new condition, to include the stock exhaust and the 2 into 2 Big Dog exhaust I just took off of my 2nd M109R. You have seen it. It is really a nice exhaust system. You would only have to have the baffles removed, and I am sure the exhaust would scream with thunder.

More importantly, I am just glad to know that you are OK, and that you can recover from the injuries.

Let me know if I can help.

BCRUZN

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unsure of the bikes condition

I remember seeing alot of gas bleeding out or her. She fell/slid on the exhaust side which I couldn't see, most likely trashed. But now I'm thinking sideburners, Baby! As far as the fractured ribs are concerned it hurts really bad to breathe, sneeze or fart. :joke:

I am so sorry T.. I am glad you are okay. What did your 9 look like from what you could see? Minor damage or all scraped to heck? Is breathing a painful experience, and what is the heal time on broken ribs? Again, I am glad you are okay, I dont know what I would do if I didnt see that signature of yours in posts regularly. :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Glad you're ok Tbar.

Piece of advice: After an accident Never tell anyone you are Ok. Tell them you are not sure how you feel and you will get yourself checked by a medical professional.
If not, they will try to hold it against you when its time to pay for medical costs by saying "you said you were ok after the accident".

Wish you and you 9 a speedy recovery.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Glad you're ok Tbar.

Piece of advice: After an accident Never tell anyone you are Ok. Tell them you are not sure how you feel and you will get yourself checked by a medical professional.
If not, they will try to hold it against you when its time to pay for medical costs by saying "you said you were ok after the accident".

Wish you and you 9 a speedy recovery.
not really. I was in an accident with a lady in houston. I changed lanes and didn't see her. Totally my fault going maybe 20 mph. Here front bumper into my door. Very little damage. She said she was fine, i had witnesses to this in the car with me and a few weeks later my insurance guy said they were paying her $5k for her injuries. I said BS and repeated the story which he already knew and said they couldn't do anything. They just pay anytime anyone complains....:eek: WTF?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
TBAR, sorry to hear, this must be the month for accidents.. Take care and hope you have a speedy recovery

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.