M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my bike home the other day with out a problem. Today I backed it out to wash it, when it was dry I tried to start it to put it back in the garage to wax it. It would not start, the FI light is on. I have a PCIII on it, I noticed that there is no light on it when the key is on. I need help, give me a idea where to start.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Let's try the easy one we have all found ourselves pondering at one time or another.

Shift to N or put the kickstand up.

Let's see how that works out.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
PCIII needs the motor running for the light.

It will blink on when the key goes hot but go back out if you do not start the motor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kickstand up, down still nothing. Still no light on the PCIII.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Kickstand up, down still nothing. Still no light on the PCIII.
See post #3 for the PCIII light issue. Until the motor is running, or you plug in the 9v plug that came with it, you will not get a solid light on the PCIII.

So, stepping away from that as a distraction, let's figure this out.

When you turn the key to on, does the headlight come on?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
PM me your number and I will call you so we can skip the posting delays.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did plug in the 9v in and still no light on the PCIII. When I turn the key the headlight is on?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Removed the PCIII, Bike runs fine. I hooked the PCIII to my computer.
It will not allow me to enter any maps, just tells me there is a error communicating with the host. It does show it is hooked up to the computer. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, now I know something is up with this PCIII. I left the 9v plugged into the PCIII, went out to the garage to start tighten everything up on the bike. Came bake in and the light on the PCIII is on, I attempted to download a map, and it worked fine. Now I don't know if I should reinstall it or not.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Call Power Commander tech support. :dontknow: Either way you found the problem. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts