M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INTRO
The bike received it's first wash and wax. Decided to go ahead and do it even with the scratch on the right side tank. Hence left side shots were the only side taken out of pride.

First off I asked for a "quality" wash and wax for my birthday present. I have to admit I am very proud of my wife who picked this wonderful product out. Bravo Zulu to her.

MY REVIEW
The wash liquid was worth every penny. I am not sure what's in it but it actually smells good. I mean really good. I used the recommended 5 cap fuls per 1 gallon of water and this stuff never stopped sudsing even after 3 hours of sitting in the bucket. It absolutely repels dirt, grease, grame, and brake dust completely. Stuff just rinses right off and rinses clean and streak free. Enough said. You can get by using a lot less than the recommended.

The wax.....well I ws feeling guilty.....I feel like I cheated. This was stupid easy. I even came in an watched the Big Kahuna race just to see if I could leave it on too long and screw it up. Nope. This stuff goes on stupid easy, you need very little as it spreads thin and evenly no matter how retarded you get with the wax. I used maybe an ounce of this stuff for the whole freaking bike. Simply amazing stuff. Now I really started to get excited when I started to wipe it down with a soft towel. The swirls and scratches that were there before were gone. The towel seemd to slip right over the parts. It left absolutely no residue behind. NONE !!! Easiest wax job I have ever done in my entire life.

This stuff leaves a really, really, really wet finish. Glassy. The pictures will tell the rest of the story.

PRODUCT PICTURE

MEGUIARS GOLD GLASS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER INFO LINK
http://www.meguiars.com/?car-washes/Gold-Class-Car-Wash-Shampoo-Conditioner

MEGUIARS NEXT GENERATION TECH WAX (LIQUID) INFO LINK
http://www.meguiars.com/?liquid-car-waxes/NXT-Generation-Tech-Wax

FINISHED RESULTS PICTURE

*** DIAL UP USERS - STOP HERE***

BROADBAND USERS CONTINUE SCROLLING

CLICK LINK BELOW FOR A VERY LARGE PHOTO (3008x2000) JPEG

http://www.partmonster.com/louiestuff/waxbig.jpg

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow... :clap2:

I must say that your bike looks really sharp. That must be some good stuff. I've been trying to decide what to use on mine, I've heard good stuff about the honda pro-clean stuff, but yours does look fantastic. I think I'll get some of that.

Thanks!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Looks good.... really good :bigthumbsup:

One thing about that BIG picture you linked to ........ we would be able to tell if you missed a spot :p ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for all the info. Obviously great results! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I recently started using there 3 step system and love it. I makes the paint look awsone and the small blemishes I had in my clear coat went away. McGuires makes great products. I will check out the tech wax for between scrubbings.

Thanks,
TAZ

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yup, I've got the same two products. Haven't used the wash yet, but I took my bike back to the painters and they polished it professionally for me 2 weeks after it was painted (for free). I stopped on the way home and got some Tech Wax, went straight home and immediately waxed it. You're right, the stuff goes on and off easily and the end results are great! I put it on with their foam sponge applicator and remove it with some nice soft microfiber towels I got at Costco. The only draw back is the price, this wax is $17 a bottle, so it's about 3x the price of other Meguiars waxes, but after spending $1200 getting my bike painted and the tank seam filled I think it is worth it to spend a little more for a good wax to protect my investment. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Great review, I've been using Meguiars for years on all my bikes and cars, but have not tried the Tech wax. I'm going to get some right away. Thanks again for the review. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
:clap2: Bravo, excellent review. :clap2:

·
Registered
176 Posts
McGuires makes great products from wax's to Wash's and also the spray cleaners. They are the best products i have found. They were selling the was at costco awhile back. Great products. Highly recommended. :super:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dear partmonster,
thanks for the review.
I already heard some other good reviews about the Maguire stuff.

I wonder if you used it on the chrome as well, or only on the painted parts???

And if you used something different for the chrome, what was it?

I am useing Nevr Dull for the chrome parts...but it does not even come close to the shine you
present on the big picture... :confused:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hi Dick,
For my chrome I use Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish.

The stuff works great for cleaning painted parts as well as chrome. Gets dead bugs off of everything as well. I highly recommend it! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
man, thats one large pic. i also use the tech wax-awsome. ive been using the eagle one nano spray wax in between. also very good finish and even easier. spray and wipe.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Something that I ALWAYS do, is to dust off the bike with a California Duster (the Dash Duster) before and after every ride. It takes about 10 to 15 seconds and makes a big difference on keeping the bike spotless.

·
Registered
132 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Hi Dick,
For my chrome I use Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish.

The stuff works great for cleaning painted parts as well as chrome. Gets dead bugs off of everything as well. I highly recommend it! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
99 Posts
i use a Swiffer duster and HONDA PRO SPRAY WAX AND CLEAN,even on the wheels.works great :hot: :hot: :a18: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have been using the wax on my Burple and silver '96 F-350 crew cab and '02 Trans Am WS6. You are right! I have only bought one bottle and waxed both vehicles numerous times and the Burple 109 twice. Still have 1/3 of a bottle left. Idiot proof stuff. Your Burple looks great!!!! How did you get the scratch? De-badging?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Following this review, I ordered the Maguiar NXT Tech Wax and I must say that I am really convinced!
Never had such a mirror like "wet look" and it even works like a spell on chrome parts!

Some pics:

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dickschiff said:
Following this review, I ordered the Maguiar NXT Tech Wax and I must say that I am really convinced!
Never had such a mirror like "wet look" and it even works like a spell on chrome parts!

Some pics:

:bigthumbsup:
Yep, the Maguiar Gold Wash works great...I just used it on my 109 and it looks like new. I also use the Maguiar wax as well.

Question...where did you get those engine/crash bars for your 109? I've seen the one's Suzuki has but they do not have the loop that sticks out like the ones in your photo. I like the ones you have and I could easily mount some highway pegs or even some auxiliary lights on the crash bars. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts