M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a stand that is easy to use and will hold the bike in a straight vertical upright position. I saw an ad for one made by Condor (www.condor-lift.com) that seems to work well, but is pricy at $265. What are you guys using...any suggestions?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I been looking for the samething as well. Any subjestions?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Way2Fast said:
I'm looking for a stand that is easy to use and will hold the bike in a straight vertical upright position. I saw an ad for one made by Condor (www.condor-lift.com) that seems to work well, but is pricy at $265.  What are you guys using...any suggestions?
Check the VTX Riders sight. There was a stand available that straddled a motor cycle jack,i.e. Sears etc. you jacked the cycle up and placed the stand under the bike, lowered and removed the jack. The stand was made of 3/4 inch square steel tubing. I can't recall who manufactured the stand....it may well have been home made.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Contact Dan at www.pepsx.com. He made a stand for our X's that is out of this world. The measurments may be the same or he might be willing to make one specifically for the M.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bob109 said:
Check the VTX Riders sight. There was a stand available that straddled a motor cycle jack,i.e. Sears etc. you jacked the cycle up and placed the stand under the bike, lowered and removed the jack. The stand was made of 3/4 inch square steel tubing. I can't recall who manufactured the stand....it may well have been home made.
I was looking more into a stand that you could just drive onto and it would hold the bike vertical without having to use the kick stand and having the bike lean to the left side. Important when garage room is at a premium.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
PepBoys has bike lifts for $49 after rebate.

You may need to make some custom wood blocks for a perfect fit but they are cheap.

G

·
I have seen wheel chocks that you can drive the bike onto and they lock the fornt wheel up that holds the bike vertical. You bolt the brace to the floor or trailer. Hal may have them, JP Cycles, or any cycle catalog, if that it what you need. That would be helpful if you want to save space and keep it simple.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have seen the wheel chocks too! I believe I have seen one that does not have to be bolted down. The bottom is wide enough to hold our heavy bikes upright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts