M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when riding today went to accelarate the bike stall then picked up. happen on highway abt to pass a car, happen again taking off from light.spoke with lamont said it could be trottle senor anyboby had this problem. HELP:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
In my opinion, it is NOT your fuel filter. If the fuel filter was that clogged, the bike would run horrible all the time. And, if it was clogged like that, I think you would have a different symptom under hard accel. More like a bucking or the bike starving for fuel, long before it would stall.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
In my opinion, it is NOT your fuel filter. If the fuel filter was that clogged, the bike would run horrible all the time. And, if it was clogged like that, I think you would have a different symptom under hard accel. More like a bucking or the bike starving for fuel, long before it would stall.
When my filter finally went downhill the bike wouldn't idle, but ran normally once I got it above 2,000 rpm. After I changed the filter it idled at 900 rpm without any problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You didn't happen to jump the starter engagement for the clutch handle did you? That would make the bike think the clutch handle is pulled in and the rev limiter would kick in whenever you try and get on it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes, I've had problems with my bike starving for gas. Last year it was the fuel pump and this year I think it was just some bad gas. It started on a Thursday. Friday, I called for an appointment and they told me to come in on Monday. Saturday evening I went and got some gas and after I filled her up the problem was gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IT IDLE WELL AND CRUISE WELL BUT WHEN I WANT TO HIT ALITTE TO CHANGE LANES IT MIGHT STALL OUT ON ME SO I JUST CRUISED THE HOLE TIME UNTIL I PUT IT UP SO NOW I'M SEARCHING FOR THE PROBLEM.MY MECH.THINK IT IS THE SPARK PLUG.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I don't know about u all but I run preium through mine and sometime when out and not where I usually fill up I have been putting gas in mine and it has a yellow tent and I know before I even leave the bike is going to run bad.... so I carry seafoam and put it in before I even start it up.... I put it in at least every 3 to 4 fillups.... same with my cars and trucks.... keeps them running good....:doorag:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.