M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I entered a local car & bike show today, there was about 20 other bikes, mostly Harleys. Some were ok looking but nothing as nice as MINE! Only one guy would talk to me and the rest of the harley owners would not even talk to me! I heard several talking among themselves about my bike, one guy said "we should put rice in his gas tank" dam jap bike! I was kinda discouraged by their attitude, I did manage to take second place for the show and should have got first but I found out that some were friends with the judges and you know, good ol boy sh*t. Anyway, I did get a lot of positive comments from people walking around and the car owners. So I guess overall it was a good day! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I entered a local car & bike show today, there was about 20 other bikes, mostly Harleys. Some were ok looking but nothing as nice as MINE! Only one guy would talk to me and the rest of the harley owners would not even talk to me! I heard several talking among themselves about my bike, one guy said "we should put rice in his gas tank" dam jap bike! I was kinda discouraged by their attitude, I did manage to take second place for the show and should have got first but I found out that some were friends with the judges and you know, good ol boy sh*t. Anyway, I did get a lot of positive comments from people walking around and the car owners. So I guess overall it was a good day! :bigthumbsup:
The best way to strike up a conversation with the older Harldly guys is to help them wipe up the oil under their bikes. Honestly it doesnt even phase me anymore. There are five hardleys in my office and I catch s**t daily. Oh well, my wife rides a Harley so I guess I can talk it too.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
If you want to break the ice, ask to see their trailers.

….Nice Harley, what kind of trailer do you have? (Let them talk it up, saying crap like "wow" and "how sweet")
Then hit them with "I had to ride mine, I have a Suzuki, and so it will not go on a trailer. Someday I hope to be a trailer queen, and have a POSHD just like you pussies"
:joke:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Show'em what ya got! You have a super bike. You put a lot of time and money into it and everybody deserves to see it somehow! Glad you went away with something!

Think of it this way...
"Your bike is like a rare flower among a field of weeds!"

-Cameron C.

·
Registered
168 Posts
congrats on your win!!! screw those guys, i've seen ur bike first hand...atleast in a picture haha. and u deserve second place...my bike would win first. :D but seriously, hardly guys don't deserve the respect if they aren't willing to pay out the same. congrats again on you're 2nd place. thats great. (hope u didn't find too much rice in that gas tank...it's a B*&^% to clean out). :joke:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Todd,
First off congrats on placing, even if it was not first due to politics good job a representing 9's and "Jap Crap" haha!!! The next time they start poking fun of a great peice of machinery just remember and remind them that "Harley Davidsons are the most efficent way to turn petrolium into NOISE with OUT the biproduct of power!!"
Derek

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
What is wrong with those Harley guys. Theres that "harley" attitude again.

I have to shake my head everytime those a-holes look down their noses at other brands of bikes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sticks and Stones, brother. We just opened a great new Brew Pub in town. Next time your my way on business let me know and I'll take you in there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had one of my HD owning coworkers say "Too bad you couldn't have got a Harley" to which I responded "Well, I wanted to ride, have some horsepower and I don't own enough tools yet. Maybe one day when I have more time on my hands I'll get a little Harley....by the way, din't you ride in today or is the vrod still in the shop this week?" His 2010 has been in the shop 4 times this year, he got it in Feb. I guess ECU's are a new thing for Harley, and they "Just break" once in a while.

When they flip poo at you, just remind them that Buell is dying...they love that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts