M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into some bike ramps to load my bike into my truck bed. I drive a F-350 that sits a bit higher than most trucks. I was wondering if anyone use's ramps and what drands they are. I would hate to buy a set and the first time I try to load the bike if bottoms out in the center. Hope someone has some info for me. thanks

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
No idea on the ramp, but one thing to keep in mind, you have a truck that sits on the high side, gotta be carful not to drag the bottom of the bike loading and unloading.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I dont have any pics on me loading my bike up, but I use the Big Boy ramps from discountramps.com. They are 10' long. Should be fine for your F350 unless you have your truck jacked up some.

Big Boy Ramps

If you truck is jacked up, I would suggest the Big Boy II ramps in the 12' version.

Big Boy II Ramps

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

This is a video of how Ooink Unloads his bike.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Great vid..
I have a question// Did 47 steeler get his bike unloaded and go park b-4 yrdape got his bike unloaded???
:a20: That is quite the process. But if it works it works..

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Great video :clap2:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I also have an f350 4x4. It is almost impossible to load/unload the 9 from this thing. I have a set of 8 ft ramps & have found that my best friend for getting the bike on & off the truck is a ditch or a elevated sidewalk/retaining wall. If I'm by myself, I'll usually just put it on my trailer and go from there. Real easy to load/unload from there!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Great vid..
I have a question// Did 47 steeler get his bike unloaded and go park b-4 yrdape got his bike unloaded???
:a20: That is quite the process. But if it works it works..
You are very observant. Yes, 47steeler unloaded his bike and closed his trailer by the time Ooink unloaded his bike.

47steelers trailer probably cost over $3500, my ramps cost me $400.
What works is what works

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i think after i get a truck im going to get a trailer like 47steelers. but untill i have the coin for that the ramp thing might work.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Hello My name is OOinkk , and I am A Red Neck :bigthumbsup:

Those Ramps are 7 foot long and my bike is NOT lowered (in that video)and if i choose the Right place/ incline i have no problem loading or unloading

Disclamer ,, i had the bike lowered and it would Drag ,if loadiing or unloading on a flat level lot , so beware

If you have to use Ramps , Buy the longest availible

7 foot ramps wont work for the Larger Trucks

Irish ,,, pay back is Comiin :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That is a nice trailer. I wish I had that. I have a golf cart trailer with the fold up ramp. A lot easier then running it up into a big F 350.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info guy's. I know the ramps that ooinkk used will not work for me. I can see his truck is a bit lower. I will look into some sites and let you all know how I make out with them. maybe that will be my way of helping out the next guy:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you ever want to meet half way, you are about 3 hours north of me, I will meet up with you and let you see if my ramps will work with your truck. I have a chevy Silverado Z71 and they work well with mine. But I'm sure the 12' ramps I suggested before will work just fine with your truck

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I gave up trying to load my bike on my F-150 and got a trailer from a local dealer here. Lowes has for less than $500.00 and I feel much safer instead of monkeing around with my precious toy. My bike is also lowered.
Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought about a trailer but the parking issue is always in the back of my head. the truck being a 8' bed and a 4 door makes it long enough so I think a trailer is out. I will definetly look into 9' or longer ramps. will let you all know.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I thought about a trailer but the parking issue is always in the back of my head. the truck being a 8' bed and a 4 door makes it long enough so I think a trailer is out. I will definetly look into 9' or longer ramps. will let you all know.
If you have an 8' bed and you are worried about the height of your truck, get a set of 12' ramps. They fold in half, so they will fit in the bed of your truck. That and you can close your tailgate with your bike in the back.

Here is a pic of my bike in my truck with the ramps tied down too

·
Registered
300 Posts
dont be lazy, you bought the bike to ride it so..:dontknow: ride it?? :joke: i found ditches to be the easiest, very little set up time involved (if you can find one) otherwise i do the next easiest thing, borrow my uddies ramps (not sure what they are, but very handy)

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
If you ever want to meet half way, you are about 3 hours north of me, I will meet up with you and let you see if my ramps will work with your truck. I have a chevy Silverado Z71 and they work well with mine. But I'm sure the 12' ramps I suggested before will work just fine with your truck
I had a 9 foot ramp with my chevy 2500 pickup with an 8 foot bed and the bike never scraped ...
FYI. also know that these two guys have air ride, and that helps with theirs not scraping... :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
108 Posts
The best ramp is the one I have
and Ive had alot of them

The FIVE STAR Bi Fold sells for 299 new, its AWESOME !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts