M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when riding the holding tank level goes up and then when i stop it all comes out the overflow. i have checked the fan it will not come on. The fan works when jumped. The fuse is good. This is driving me crazy any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
when riding the holding tank level goes up and then when i stop it all comes out the overflow. i have checked the fan it will not come on. The fan works when jumped. The fuse is good. This is driving me crazy any suggestions?
Bad temperature sensor--fan sensor. It is what tells the fane to come on. Or you might check the connection to it--make sure it is connected.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Could be a thermostat also. You just have to diagnose the system to find out what it is. What speeds are you doing? If you are driving at 40 and above, the fan really should never come on. There would be enough air flow to cool the antifreeze.

:welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I'll throw another one at you just because it happened just like you describe but on a different bike. the area where the radiator cap seals was pitted and allowed coolant past there and into the overflow without much resistance. quick check of the cap rubber seal and the sealing surface underneath is in order. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
what was the result? I think my fan is not running too! When it got in the 80's last week my bike got fire hot! a pinging was developing in the bike too. When I got home. Oil flowed out my intake. I think it had been over heating.

The fan used to run when I hit the kill switch. Now nothing. And it's been nothing for a long time. I just ordered a new sensor ,but was wondering if it could be the thermostat. However I don't have any problems with over flowing.:dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts