M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when all the different magazines and online publications cast their votes for Bike of the Year, how many do you think the 109 will win? I'm thinking it's gonna take bike of the year more than a few times.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Man I just bought motorcycle CRUISER the other day and they didnt rate it that high.... they were comparing it to 3 other bikes the vtx the cow2000 and the yamer road liner....now I havent ridden any of the other bikes....but when they saed it didnt handle that well because of the BIG BACK TIRE I have to question......did he even ride it......

·
Registered
516 Posts
FOURNINES said:
Man I just bought motorcycle CRUISER the other day and they didnt rate it that high.... they were comparing it to 3 other bikes the vtx the cow2000 and the yamer road liner....now I havent ridden any of the other bikes....but when they saed it didnt handle that well because of the BIG BACK TIRE I have to question......did he even ride it......
I concur, I personally think it comes down to clout, our lobby is not big enough to even merit an 'honorable mention', hate me for saying this but mark my words, we will not get it. We all KNOW who the champ is, but everyone hates the new kid on the block.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Man.......I just bought motorcycle CRUISER the other day and they didn't rate it that high.... they were comparing it to 3 other bikes the vtx the cow2000 and the yamer road liner....now I haven't ridden any of the other bikes....but when they said it didn't handle that well because of the BIG BACK TIRE           I have to question......did he even ride it...... I have to admit that I am biased towards Suzuki.....but come on...this bike feels Good.....like it was.....attacthed to my butt :bigthumbsup: :redfaced: :bigthumbsup: :redfaced:

never give up never surrender

·
Registered
686 Posts
FOURNINES said:
Man I just bought motorcycle CRUISER the other day and they didnt rate it that high.... they were comparing it to 3 other bikes the vtx the cow2000 and the yamer road liner....now I havent ridden any of the other bikes....but when they saed it didnt handle that well because of the BIG BACK TIREÂ Â Â Â Â Â I have to question......did he even ride it......
But did you happen to notice which bike was obviously at the forefront of the photos in that article? On the cover, the 109 is front and center, then there is a photo inside of them all cruising down the highway. The 109 is out in front, with the other three bunched together a ways behind.

Some of the people may have not liked the bike as much for some reason or other, but the editor knows what bike looks best and will attract the readers.

With that said, I think too often 'bike of the year' is determined by how many advertising dollars the mfg. has spent on the magazine, and how many free rides the mfg. has given those that are rating the bikes.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RubenAlonzo said:
I concur, I personally think it comes down to clout, our lobby is not big enough to even merit an 'honorable mention', hate me for saying this but mark my words, we will not get it. We all KNOW who the champ is, but everyone hates the new kid on the block.
Well, the good thing about this debate or poll is... we will eventually find out who was right and who was wrong. I personally see this bike grabbing a few BOTY wins. Time will tell. Besides, that article wasn't even really a true test or comparison. From what I read, they each spent very little time in the saddle of each bike. It was more a showcase article of the current "top dogs" if you will.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
This bike is as much a show piece, as a go piece.
To really compare it to others you would need to ride it to the big rally, then spend a week showing it off and cruising around.
Then ride it back to the magazine offices.

In the end the guys with the soft butts might not choose it, but the rest would understand that it cruises almost as well as a cushy Yammy...
BUT excels in all other areas looks, handling, speed etc.

Alas, they would still say some thing like.... If you want a this... get this... you want a that... get that... If you compare it to a straight up cruiser.
Instead, take along a Vrod, Victory Hammer, and some other DIRECT sport/muscle cruisers and run the test above.

Apples to Apples we would win I think.

Sledzep

1 - 12 of 12 Posts