M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the 9 to a bike night this evening, I would estimate there were maybe 200 bikes, ofnwhich maybe 20 weren't HD. As I pulled in I gave the ol roadhouse pipes a crackle ;) then as I backed it in about 20 guys come walking toward me. I may have been of the 1% not riding HD, but these were real 1%errs. Needless to say I was a bit nervous. I stepped of the bike and waited...as they neared they al started to say variations of dude...that is sick, awesome, incredible, great bike, etc. Then I flipped on the new LEDs and I thought they may pass out. :p
What a great feeling to see the guys admire the 9!!
You have al had these experiences from what I read, but had to share.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I love the local bike nights around here. 90% of the attendees are H-D riders. I will never get tired of people walking by all those Harleys to check out my bike. Just tonite I was parked on the street of our local tourist town and I lost count of the people that came up to pose with, and take pictures of my bike. I kind of chuckle the whole time because I'm usually parked next to a $35k H-D. Never gets old!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I often get asked how much I spent on the bike. $30,000? or so. I smile and say NAH. Just $6,600 and their jaws drop. Numerous times people tell me they are going to the Suzuki dealership to check one out. :bigthumbsup: I love it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I must say that it is a great feeling to be one of the few and the proud! Most guys I have ran across bike nights round here have given the bike much praise. But you know they are not going to say that too loud of course...with most HD guys it is all about "American Muscle"...you and I know better but that is how it is.

Truth be told I am sure that many a HD gut wishes they had saved some coin and gotten a 9 instead...but for what ever the reason having a HD means something...what that is I have no :edit: idea :dontknow:

Enjoy it I do...I really love it when I go to a gas station and the fun begins! I love this country!!!

Remember...ENJOY THE RIDE!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hmmmm. The last HD rider that looked at mine just last week, the first thing out of his mouth was "That's got alot of plastic on it". I guess it didn't impress him much.

That's cool that the guys at your bike night did however. Alot of them will keep looking at it, but can't bring themselves to say anything postive about the bike.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i can go to bike nights were they are either H-D dominated or sportbike dominated and its cool that i can get the same reaction out of both crowds; both of them being soo different.

the 9 is a great bike that everyone that isnt stuck in there "brand" ways can enjoy.:bigthumbsup: good stuff and get used to it.:evil:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agreed! It never gets old hearing the comments. :clap2:

One such comment was "it's almost obscenely beautiful".

·
Registered
286 Posts
I love the local bike nights around here. 90% of the attendees are H-D riders. I will never get tired of people walking by all those Harleys to check out my bike. Just tonite I was parked on the street of our local tourist town and I lost count of the people that came up to pose with, and take pictures of my bike. I kind of chuckle the whole time because I'm usually parked next to a $35k H-D. Never gets old!
Hangin out in Lake George again??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts