·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somebody asked me to repost these pics
                                        windshield looks like on a silver 109

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
Thats most likely is an airtank for the airshifter,Joe runs for points and brackets.Last thing he needs to add in the eqation is nitrous trying to run the number everytime :bigthumbsup:
Still very nice!!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
air tank for air shifter filled by an on board air compresser inside of side cover just press the button on the h bars & fill it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.laminarlip.com/ bought it here works great on the street & at the track held on w/3m dual locks strong as hell
M109(1800)R BOULEVARD 2006Â Â part #SS944

$79.00 + tax & s/h $92.79 only comes in this color (dark tint) very well made but he said he could do other colors great guy located in CA. 714-540-8006 I like it better than the Memphis Shades Shooter windshield I had on before i believe it makes a huge difference because of where it mounts bars vs headlight cowl very very little helmet buffeting if any at all I am 6'1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
joet said:
http://www.laminarlip.com/ bought it here works great on the street & at the track held on w/3m dual locks strong as hell
M109(1800)R BOULEVARD 2006Â Â part #SS944

$79.00 + tax & s/h $92.79 only comes in this color but he said he could do others great guy located in CA. 714-540-8006 I like it better than the Memphis Shades Shooter windshield I had on before i believe it makes a huge difference because of where it mounts bars vs headlight cowl very very little helmet buffeting if any at all I am 6'1
Nice... Is it removable? Are you able to switch it on or off the bike on the go???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i use a very small screw driver to gently pull the 3m dual locks apart as they hold together strong

·
Registered
185 Posts
aceventura said:
yeah... i'm about to also...mjm
Yep, I just ordered one also. :bigthumbsup: Best looking shield I've seen and at a good price too. Hope it moves the wind to where it hits just at the top of my FF helmet....I'm 5'9" so maybe it will.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That shield looks GREAT....Im not sure if I want to put the 3M locks on yet or not. They stick like hell to the paint.... and once on will pretty much never come off w/o screwin somethin up.
Is there any way you can get a pic from a further distance ...like the whole bike with the screen to see how it flows with the bike?
If ya get a chance Id like to see how it looks :)
Thanks for the great shield idea :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks Joet...I may go with this shield and have it painted burple to match the bike. Im assuming you dont look "through" it anyway?
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
No I havent called them yet....Ill probably just take it to the local body shop and have it painted. Im debating now on black or burple wheels as well :dontknow:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi, I purchased this windshield and could not get this thing to stop buffeting at all. It starts at 30 mph and just goes up, feel like you are driving behind a truck all the time. I am surprized to hear good feedback about it. Mine is sitting in a $93.00 box.

For your info: You will have 30 days to return it and it is subject to "a restocking fee of up to 20%" depending upon how it is returned. I called the company about the buffeting and didn't seem surprized about it. They sent more locks to me and suggested I try to mount it in differant places. They are also experimenting(per LaminarLip) with an addon "Lip" to decrease buffeting. I don't know, maybe I will try it again but I actually already did. I am 6'00". Moving the windscreen lower on the headlite did improve things but it still buffeted too much. It was also very noisey. JOHN
If there is a trick to it let me know. I have posted about this product on this website before.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts