Registered
1,219 Posts
I think I saw that jack advertised. Did it look like this one ? :joke:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I bought 2.
1 for the 9 and 1 for the cousin (my wife's C50T).

P.S. How do I get it to lean like that afore I stick the beams in?

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Hillbilly Jack

It takes some exceptional driving skills and some agile friends to set the beems...:joke:

Good deal on the Jacks...Thanks for the heads up Seadog..:a18:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bought one a little while back, but the pads are not wide enough for the frame rails under the engine. Its only wide enough towards the back where the skid plate it.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Bought one a little while back, but the pads are not wide enough for the frame rails under the engine. Its only wide enough towards the back where the skid plate it.
That's worthless then,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
445 Posts
$ 88.00 marked down from $ 159.00 :bigthumbsup:
Bought the red one from Crappy Tire & it isn t wide enough to lift the 9 by the frame so I Had to buy 1/4 inch aluminum U channel to have it about 3 inches longer, now it works great

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Does crappy tire sell more than one model Jack or just the one that don't fit?

Anyone know where to find one that is compatible with the nine here in the GTA :dontknow:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Adding some channels is a good idea to extend the rails, but what I do is use the jack as is at the rear of the frame and jack it up high enough until I can slide a pair of jackstands under the front frame then lower it on. The bike is very stable with the stands up front and the jack on the back. I have it stored this way right now.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Does crappy tire sell more than one model Jack or just the one that don't fit?

Anyone know where to find one that is compatible with the nine here in the GTA :dontknow:
NAPA sells a better jack,wider heavier and yup you guessed it more $. I have one and like it. :bigthumbsup: Side buy side with a buddies it's worth it.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I have the red CT jack. Its close, but works fine, with about an inch of width to spare. Just have to put it in the right spot. I always check to make sure i;ve got both rails on before i jack it up. Sounds a little difficult, but really isn't.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Go with the Princess Auto one, works great for my nine and cheaper than Crappy Tire. Better quality too....heavier gauge steel.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Go with the Princess Auto one, works great for my nine and cheaper than Crappy Tire. Better quality too....heavier gauge steel.
I seen that one the other day....they couldn't tell me witch bikes it worked with,but it did look beefier than the crappy tire model...thanks for the heads up SS,think i'll pick it up next time through there..:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't you also find that the 9 oil pan sits a little lower than the frame . I have the same jack and never tried using a jack stand .

·
Registered
474 Posts
The pan looks like it sits about 1/16" lower then the frame, but the jack is on the back, so no issues and the stands are up front one on each rail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts