M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t understand it.  I’ve owned the 109 since May and nothing, no problems.  The dealer prepared the bike for delivery.  I asked why there is no oil coming out of the air filters. They told me they knew how to check the oil. Why would they care? 
I serviced the bike at 600 miles.  I’m still waiting for oil to come out of the air filters.  I checked all the bolts and clamps and stuff.  Nothing has fallen off.  I don’t understand.  I keep using good 93 octane fuel.  Why doesn’t it ping?  I put full synthetic oil in at 1200 miles and nothing happened.  It shifts fine.  My clutch is working very well, but is it supposed to?  What am I doing wrong?  I bought a service manual and read it.  What was I thinking?  I communicated issue about the TRE to JSD and he fixed it.  I can’t understand how he knew what to do.  I asked the dealer why I didn’t get a spanner wrench.  He didn’t know, so he gave me one that fit.  Why did he do that?  Should I worry?  I treat the dealer really good and help support their local business.  How come I get good service and support?  Will I get sued if I continue?  Should I stop seeking answers, finding solutions, and ignore the facts?  Maybe I should just start whiny.  It’s probably easier. 

I guess I’m going to have to keep the bike.  Unless you can give me a reason not to!

Last post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
Nester,just enjoy the "good feeling"! It's allways calm before the storm! :D PS. Common,there's gotta be something that you don't like about the bike! :D
 
G

·
Wait a minute Nester you have 74 posts you don't get a Vote :joke: :joke: :joke:.

You can only have rediculous issues with your bike if you have 20 or less posts. :joke: :joke:

So please create another userid and start some posts about the Bad Paint that one still has some life in it. :joke: :joke: :joke:

TAZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Just read the article about the "Big dogs" in the motorcycle magizine. It will give you about 10 reasons why you shouldnt own the M109!! that is if you are looking to find "issues"!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Cruiser Magazine. Ripped on the M109 for about 3 pages.....was a comparison of the VTX, Vulcan 2000, m109, and the new yamaha roadliner. funny it hasnt been mentioned on this forum yet. funny i dont think the test riders like the m109 that much.....who cares personally........sorry for the thread jack.

basically said m109 is the fastest. but has crappy brakes, crappy handling, clunky tranny, throttle to touchy, uncomfortable, cant turn for crap, just to name a few. ranked the roadliner as the best all round bike. again, who cares, but it seamed like the journalists had an axe to grind.

cbxer55 said:
Which motorcycle magazine?
There are only more than a dozen out there!
I would like to read why I should not buy what I already bought!
Just out of curiosity.

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.
 
G

·
SLOPOKE said:
Cruiser Magazine. Ripped on the M109 for about 3 pages.....was a comparison of the VTX, Vulcan 2000, m109, and the new yamaha roadliner. funny it hasnt been mentioned on this forum yet. funny i dont think the test riders like the m109 that much.....who cares personally........sorry for the thread jack.

basically said m109 is the fastest. but has crappy brakes, crappy handling, clunky tranny, throttle to touchy, uncomfortable, cant turn for crap, just to name a few. ranked the roadliner as the best all round bike. again, who cares, but it seamed like the journalists had an axe to grind.
Could you post a link to this article, no reference Online that I can find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
couldnt find a link either, BUT was in the Barnes and Noble, and at the grocery store. on the cover it shows all 4 bikes and "the big dog shoot out" on the front cover. think it is the new addition of cruizer magizine. was 3 pages on the 4 bikes, and another 3 pages on test rider reviews.....if i find a link i will definitly post it up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
cbxer55 said:
Cruiser magazine, huh? Seems like they should just stick to Hardleys, they'd be happier!
We all know which one is the best! I just got mine last weekend. Have 400 miles on it now.
Have not really gotten on it yet as I will break it in right. I have had it around my favorite curvy road,
seemed fine to me, about what I expected of a long, heavy bike. We all know stock brake hoses
leave a lot to be desired. Braided steel hoses get you stopped yesterday!
Who cares what cruiser magazine says!
Not gonna even waste the money to buy it.

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.
Umm, I think he needs to take a closer look at the cover of the magazine. It's not Cruiser magazine, it's Cruising Rider magazine. ::)
I suppose it's possible both magazines had similar reviews, if so then sorry! :redfaced:
Anyway, the September issue of Cruising Rider had a comparison of the VTX1800N, Vulcan 2000, M109R, Rocket III, and Roadliner. I got it home, read the article and was very disappointed. They didn't even talk about the bikes really. It was more of a report of the trip they took from LA to "The Earthquake Capital of the World", Parkfield, CA, the epicenter of the San Andreas fault line. They talked about the rumbling bikes setting off earthquakes, etc. but didn't say jack sheet about the bikes really. Totally disappointed!! Only the side bars said anything about the bikes, and even then I don't see where anyone trashed the M109R. It was voted the bike with the "most attitude". The article was very well written, the guy has a definite flair for writing and has a great sense of humor. But if you expect them to compare these bikes to each other you're going to be very disappointed, like I was.

P.S. Another reason I think he's talking about this magazine is that they also have a review of a Big Dog, something you don't see very often, and yes, they trashed it. Who'd a thunk that?? ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Pretty funny Nestor. Reviews don't mean much to me. I love the bike. Can't seem to stop riding. At almost 600 miles in a little over a week. Have to take it to the dealer and pay them $175 to change the oil and say that everything is working fine. Hate to give up that kind of money, but I have been told that you don't "have" to take it to a dealer for the first service, but for warranty reasons it is highly recommended.

Should I use synthetic oil? Need suggestions.

panther06
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Panther06 said:
Pretty funny Nestor. Reviews don't mean much to me. I love the bike. Can't seem to stop riding. At almost 600 miles in a little over a week. Have to take it to the dealer and pay them $175 to change the oil and say that everything is working fine. Hate to give up that kind of money, but I have been told that you don't "have" to take it to a dealer for the first service, but for warranty reasons it is highly recommended.

Should I use synthetic oil? Need suggestions.

panther06
I just hit 600 miles and am doing my own servicing, today in fact! Why pay $200 for what amounts to basically an oil change? Just keep your receipts for the oil and filter, document the date and mileage that you did the work yourself, and that's it. Heck I'm even going to take photos of the odometer reading with the oil and filter in the pic, just in case. They would have to basically prove you didn't do the servicing, or didn't do it correctly, to be able to deny you warranty repairs.
 
G

·
Lamonster said:
Maybe they should ask someone who just put 4000 miles in a week on the 109 :doorag: what they think.
I am with you there brother.

You have or had

Valkrye
VTX
Boss Hoss
109r

and I can only imagine what else.

So how bad is this one, you are going to sell it and get back on your VTX right? :joke: :joke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Umm, I think he needs to take a closer look at the cover of the magazine. It's not Cruiser magazine, it's Cruising Rider magazine. ::)
I suppose it's possible both magazines had similar reviews, if so then sorry! :redfaced:
Anyway, the September issue of Cruising Rider had a comparison of the VTX1800N, Vulcan 2000, M109R, Rocket III, and Roadliner. I got it home, read the article and was very disappointed. They didn't even talk about the bikes really. It was more of a report of the trip they took from LA to "The Earthquake Capital of the World", Parkfield, CA, the epicenter of the San Andreas fault line. They talked about the rumbling bikes setting off earthquakes, etc. but didn't say jack sheet about the bikes really. Totally disappointed!! Only the side bars said anything about the bikes, and even then I don't see where anyone trashed the M109R. It was voted the bike with the "most attitude". The article was very well written, the guy has a definite flair for writing and has a great sense of humor. But if you expect them to compare these bikes to each other you're going to be very disappointed, like I was.

P.S. Another reason I think he's talking about this magazine is that they also have a review of a Big Dog, something you don't see very often, and yes, they trashed it. Who'd a thunk that?? ::)
I get that mag and I agree completely with you about the article. If I was a person who wrote letters to editors I'd comment about the fact that they're switching to poetic drivel about the ride instead of a real comparison of bikes. I ride a TC Victory at this time but everything I've read about the M109 engine has been basically rave reviews. As for handling, those of us who've owned a lot of bikes over the years ( I'm 62 ) know that handling is something that must be learned anew on any bike we buy. Cruisers are not sportbikes or open standards. Big rear tires need a stronger and longer input on any radius.

Another funny thing about reading any article is how different people interpret it. The owner who must read a negative about his bike ( and I've read a lot about Victories ) can take it as "bashing" when another just reads a minor negative that ALL bikes have. I also read the Big Dog article and tho they sure didn't rave about it I didn't see it a major "bash". I do think the engine on the test bike was going to have a real problem from what I read and the tester closed with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Nester said:
I don’t understand it. I’ve owned the 109 since May and nothing, no problems. The dealer prepared the bike for delivery. I asked why there is no oil coming out of the air filters. They told me they knew how to check the oil. Why would they care?Â
I serviced the bike at 600 miles. I’m still waiting for oil to come out of the air filters. I checked all the bolts and clamps and stuff. Nothing has fallen off. I don’t understand. I keep using good 93 octane fuel. Why doesn’t it ping? I put full synthetic oil in at 1200 miles and nothing happened. It shifts fine. My clutch is working very well, but is it supposed to? What am I doing wrong? I bought a service manual and read it. What was I thinking? I communicated issue about the TRE to JSD and he fixed it. I can’t understand how he knew what to do. I asked the dealer why I didn’t get a spanner wrench. He didn’t know, so he gave me one that fit. Why did he do that? Should I worry? I treat the dealer really good and help support their local business. How come I get good service and support? Will I get sued if I continue? Should I stop seeking answers, finding solutions, and ignore the facts? Maybe I should just start whiny. It’s probably easier.Â

I guess I’m going to have to keep the bike. Unless you can give me a reason not to!

Last post.
Sounds like you need to do more burnouts or something /shrug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
raw_taz said:
Wait a minute Nester you have 74 posts you don't get a Vote :joke: :joke: :joke:.

You can only have rediculous issues with your bike if you have 20 or less posts. :joke: :joke:

So please create another userid and start some posts about the Bad Paint that one still has some life in it. :joke: :joke: :joke:

TAZ
I've got 8,000 miles and 250 posts. The clear coat sucks @ss on my bike :verymad: It seems the pot is calling the kettle black here... you apparently don't have any issues with your M so you just complain about some of us. It sounds the same ::)
 
G

·
Trouble_Is said:
I've got 8,000 miles and 250 posts. The clear coat sucks @ss on my bike :verymad: It seems the pot is calling the kettle black here... you apparently don't have any issues with your M so you just complain about some of us. It sounds the same ::)
The clear coat on this bike does suck that was the point of the post. But is Suzuki going to recall the bike, NO! And does that make the bike a piece of junk, NO! Are there solutions to this problem, the paint, YES!

And this real issue with the bike has not really been beat up yet, but I am sure it won't take long.

This whole thread was tongue and cheek! Funny, get it. :joke: :joke: :joke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Nester said:
I don’t understand it. I’ve owned the 109 since May and nothing, no problems. The dealer prepared the bike for delivery. I asked why there is no oil coming out of the air filters. They told me they knew how to check the oil. Why would they care?
I serviced the bike at 600 miles. I’m still waiting for oil to come out of the air filters. I checked all the bolts and clamps and stuff. Nothing has fallen off. I don’t understand. I keep using good 93 octane fuel. Why doesn’t it ping? I put full synthetic oil in at 1200 miles and nothing happened. It shifts fine. My clutch is working very well, but is it supposed to? What am I doing wrong? I bought a service manual and read it. What was I thinking? I communicated issue about the TRE to JSD and he fixed it. I can’t understand how he knew what to do. I asked the dealer why I didn’t get a spanner wrench. He didn’t know, so he gave me one that fit. Why did he do that? Should I worry? I treat the dealer really good and help support their local business. How come I get good service and support? Will I get sued if I continue? Should I stop seeking answers, finding solutions, and ignore the facts? Maybe I should just start whiny. It’s probably easier.

I guess I’m going to have to keep the bike. Unless you can give me a reason not to!

Last post.
I would panic and sell short immediately. Everything you described is probably leading to a door to Hell opening up all around you and you will be sucked into buying a HD and believeing you are cool while you bring up the rear of the pack :joke:

Sled
 
G

·
My dear wife picked up a copy of the mag for me and I read it this weekend while chilling out at our camper this weekend and just happened to have a copy of their magazine when the had the pre-release testing of the 109. Same magazine mind you. They raved about it, loved it, could not say enough good things about it, and then all but trashed it in the article. All but the editor, she is a good egg in my book.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top