M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellow 9ers. My first post so any help is greatly appreciated. Bought my first M109 three weeks ago and man is this bike the bomb. I was caught up in the Harley thing for a while. Sold the Fatboy a year ago and had to get another cruiser. I decided to go metric when I saw the 9. It is a beast. I cant say enough good things about this bike. Scared the piss out of me the first time I got on it. Bike is an 07. Already added a few mods. Back fender cowl,debeaved, integrated smoked tail/sig light, sissybar and luggage rack (for the misses) and an Arnott air ride (so I can slam it). One thing I don't care for is the handle bars that someone else installed. There cruiser bars setting on 3" extended risers. Would like to go to some drag bars, but don't know what really looks and works well. Heck I think even the stock bars would look better than the setup I have. Might be someone else cup a tea, but not mine. What do most of you like better. The stock type risers and bars or full sets with risers integrated. Also, if I need to remove the 3" risers? Will I need to replace the longer brake lines? Thanks for any help.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
They almost look like baby ape hangers. :D It looks like you have the stock risers with blocks added to pull the bars back so you can just take out the blocks. There was a member on here selling his stock bars.

:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum also.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sweet bike, congrats and welcome. You will love it here, these guys are amazing. They know everything about our bikes.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I personally like the stock bars. Those things don't go with the bike at all. Those do look like stock risers though.
:welcome: to the forum

RIDE SAFE

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Thanks guy's. Any ideas if I will have to get shorter brake lines if I get rid of the extensions?
I would say only if you want it to look clean. If there are +3 blocks on there then there might even be +4 or 5 lines on there. But I would tackle one thing at a time and then see what you need to do and how you like the looks of it.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats:

I would say you could keep those lines. If they are long enough you could make a small loop behind the headlight to take up the extra slack. Even the stock lines work with 2" risers, so they may even be stock lines. All you do to make the stock lines work is to release the mounting bracket on the lower triple tree so the lines can float upward.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I went with the 1.5" Baron bars they are just a little further foward than stock and less than $300.00 Gregg

G

·
and let me know once you get the risers off, would be into buying them off ya :bigthumbsup:

nice bike and nice mods that you've done so far

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I would say only if you want it to look clean. If there are +3 blocks on there then there might even be +4 or 5 lines on there. But I would tackle one thing at a time and then see what you need to do and how you like the looks of it.
Listen to him and you'll save money! He knows a lot!:welcome: to the forum :congrats:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went with the 1.5" Baron bars they are just a little further foward than stock and less than $300.00 Gregg
Thats one of the best placements and brackets for the gear indicator I have seen yet. Did you make it yourself? Very clean. I know everyone has there own personal preferences but that looks great

:congrats:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Thats one of the best placements and brackets for the gear indicator I have seen yet. Did you make it yourself? Very clean. I know everyone has there own personal preferences but that looks great

:congrats:
Yes I made it out of some of the stainless steel I had laying around.Thanks for the compliment,Gregg

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Already added a few mods. Back fender cowl,debeaved, integrated smoked tail/sig light, sissybar and luggage rack (for the misses) and an Arnott air ride (so I can slam it).
Few mods huh? :eek:.......You sir already have full Mod-itis! It does look awesome slammed. Welcome to the club. You made a very wise decision. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated. Cant believe how much this forum has been already. Yep. Im hooked on the 109.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats: and enjoy your new found torque.:clap2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts