M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got it last friday and this being my first bike and all..... I'd like to carry insurance on it. I dont need comprehensive because it sits in my garage and It has Lojack... But since it is financed (and florida says you do not need insurance on a bike, financed or owned...) The insurance companies online quotes want me to carry full coverage.... which for me averages at around 3000 for 12 months... (I'm 19 with one prior accident that wasnt my fault and NO tickets whatsoever)
It would cost me more a year in insurance than my bike payment. All I want is collision just in case..... Does anyone else know of an insurance company that will carry me for collision only??? This is frustrating as hell and I wish i would've done this research before I bought the bike.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Sounds to me like you either got quoted by Allstate or Progressive. Try these guys

http://www.bike-line.com/

ALL they do is bike insurance, I'm a great deal older than you and have been riding for a very long time all totaled up so my insurance is only about 370.00 a year for full coverage. Try them out and see what they say.

Welcome to the addiction 8)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your age, the ticket and the size of the motor all are hurting you big time, but keep checking around. Try Dairyland too. That is the company who underwrites for Harley and they are usually pretty competitive. of course their is Geico too.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dalton Thanks I was able to get FULL coverage for 100 a month!!!! with 500 dollar deductibles! I owe you a beer if your coming to biketoberfest.....
 

·
Radio Active Member
Joined
·
27,669 Posts
blueovalforlife said:
I just got it last friday and this being my first bike and all..... I'd like to carry insurance on it. I dont need comprehensive because it sits in my garage and It has Lojack... But since it is financed (and florida says you do not need insurance on a bike, financed or owned...) The insurance companies online quotes want me to carry full coverage.... which for me averages at around 3000 for 12 months... (I'm 19 with one prior accident that wasnt my fault and NO tickets whatsoever)
It would cost me more a year in insurance than my bike payment. All I want is collision just in case..... Does anyone else know of an insurance company that will carry me for collision only??? This is frustrating as hell and I wish i would've done this research before I bought the bike.....
19 and your first bike. This is a lot of bike for your first bike. Pull up the stool and pay the insurance piper. Every man pays until he is 21. Have you taken a safety coarse? I would agree with them, I would think that full coverage is the best thing to get. You should look at all aspects when you purchase anything. Cost, maintenance, tires, insurance, fuel consumption, etc.... Wish you the best of luck. :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
I can not believe a nineteen year old gets this as a first bike? Where do you go from there? (Or is the point that you're not likely to go much further? :eek:) Anyway, old fart that I am, I'm insuring through State Farm like I do most everything else. May not be the cheapest around but I can tell you they've been GREAT to deal with every time we needed them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I use Geico Motorcycle. Around $300 or maybe a little less a year full coverage no MSC. But I have no accidents or tickets on my record. Also I am 30+
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am 6'5 at 280 lbs.... So it was either this or an Oldwing and I was not about to go that route ...... I originally went in to get the C90, but it was too small, and after seeing the 109..... I was hooked. It's a great bike. I grew up with my dad being a honda freak (he's currently got a VTX1800, CBR600RR, CBR1000, and i dont know how many dirt bikes...... So i guess i'm the rebel.... lol.

I really want the special edition though.... That sonic blue color is beautiful.... dealer said minimum year before they see one....

I take my Motorcycle class this weekend, so on the quotes i put down that I have taken it. I havent left my neighborhood yet.... But I already feel VERY at home on this bike.... I could not imagine being on something else. It's amazing. I got it with ten miles on it and I'm nearing two hundred just riding around my neighborhood.... everyone hates me now....lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
blueovalforlife said:
Dalton Thanks I was able to get FULL coverage for 100 a month!!!! with 500 dollar deductibles! I owe you a beer if your coming to biketoberfest.....
Still thinking about it, not such a long drive from Austin to Florida, if I can get the time off I may still, just gotta get the riser extensions and other stuff done first. Although with the manpower shortages we have been having at work its looking really doubtful.. oh, and thanks but I'll just have a tea or a soda, quit drinking when I was your age 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
blueovalforlife said:
whatever you want bud. Thanks again man. My premium is actually 83 bucks a month!
Yeah, Markel is really good for price, but they have limited coverage limits. Were I you, I'd keep it for a year, maybe 2 and then look at somewhere like State Farm, Progressive or Dairyland. Especially if you keep your record clean, that way the accident may roll off and you can get in with a lower premium with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
gm2inco said:
I can not believe a nineteen year old gets this as a first bike? Where do you go from there? (Or is the point that you're not likely to go much further? :eek:) Anyway, old fart that I am, I'm insuring through State Farm like I do most everything else. May not be the cheapest around but I can tell you they've been GREAT to deal with every time we needed them.
I checked around with several, and State Farm IS the cheapest I found. I've been with them for years and they have always been great when there was a claim. Allstate was the worst, about 3x what state farm quoted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
State Farm won't pick you up on bike insurance if you have ANY tickets or accidents and haven't had insurance for at least a year. They are also (at least in Texas) one of the few companies that uses your credit score as a modifier for bike insurance premiums, which also makes them higher here. Can't say about other places, but I know that when I got quoted they wanted like 2500 a year and that was AFTER I had insurance with someone else for a year. Spotless record at the time (have added a warning ticket since :D , should have been arrested but the :cop: was SUPER kewl!)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top