M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bike have about 250 miles on it and every now and then when i shift from 1st to second it goes straight to N then i have to go back into 1st again because it will not go into 2nd only neutral, I searched and didnt see anything about this. Is this something i am causing? I am a new rider, or should I have the dealer look at it?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
What Lamont said. Don't try to baby the shift lever. You aren't gonna break it. Make sure you are letting up on the throttle and just shift it like you're the boss.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah!
The correct sound for shifting from first into second gear is a blockwide "CAALUNCK!!!"...

If everyone turns his head or runs for cover you did it right...LOL!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i just came back from another 50 mile ride, yeah your right, i was trying to shift before 3500 for break in and it kept on going into N so now I have the CLLLLLUUUNNNNKKKK!!!!lol

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
stoopid311 said:
i was trying to shift before 3500 for break in and it kept on going into N so now I have the CLLLLLUUUNNNNKKKK!!!!lol
Shifting before 3500 had nothing to do with it. You can shift into second at 2500 just as easily as doing it at 5500. You just gotta do it with authority. Besides, when you shift, you let off the throttle, which lowers RPM anyway. I can easily shift into second from a parking lot speed coast where the RPM has fallen back to idle speed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I adjusted my shift level a bit lower and it works great for me. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if your shift lever is a little reach for you, adjust it down one notch. worked for me, i haven't missed a shift since. also, do some calf raises. 3 sets of 10, every other day. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have been riding my friend's Honda Shadow while working on it, and if you just BREATHE on the shift lever it goes. The M is not like that at all. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts