M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys today i rang consumer affairs here in australia about the dealer and suzuki they told me that they had to fix the bike and it didnt matter that i had the powercommander or changed the pipes so i went and seen the dealer told them what consumer affairs had told me and they agreed to fix the bike and they also told me to put the pipes and the pcv back on well i went home and did this put everything back on and turned the ignition key and the fuel pump made a terrible sound so i checked all the connections around that area pulled them apart and put them back together and tried the key again no noise no fi light so i fired it up and it was fantastic no miss so i took it for a ride and the bike had never ran so good i could go around a corner in second gear with no jerking no slapping of the gear box i dont know what i did but the bike has never ran so good its like a completely different bike this bike is bloody fantastic i really love riding the m90 now:D so it must have been a faulty connector all along like the fuel gauge wire that wasnt crimped fully:-\

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad it's fixed. There's just about nothing worse than a little niggling problem like that. Especially when it's new and everything should be working perfectly.
yes what peeved me the most was that they just wouldnt look at the bike pays to do things yourself if i said that i would pay for it they would have taken the bike straight away lesson learnt the bike will not be back at their workshop from now on i will travel 100 kays to buy and have the bike serviced

·
Registered
277 Posts
yes what peeved me the most was that they just wouldnt look at the bike pays to do things yourself if i said that i would pay for it they would have taken the bike straight away lesson learnt the bike will not be back at their workshop from now on i will travel 100 kays to buy and have the bike serviced
Glad you finally figured it out Gav, but i wouldnt be leaving it at that mate. Put pen to paper and write a long letter to suzuki complaining about the lack of action from one of there dealers. :cus: Let them know you'll be voting with your feet.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Glad you finally figured it out Gav, but i wouldnt be leaving it at that mate. Put pen to paper and write a long letter to suzuki complaining about the lack of action from one of there dealers. :cus: Let them know you'll be voting with your feet.
Another thing suzuki hates to hear.... i have always owned suzuki's (true or not) but all though i love this bike i refuse to deal with such poor service from one of your dealers. I am considering a brand switch to avoid further hassels from this dealer.

My cousin did that against his local dealer who refused to fix his bike... he had to trailer it 75 miles at his own expense to get another dealer to fix the problem. 2 weeks after that letter was sent, he recieved an apology in writing from suzuki, a 200$ gift card to be used in any suzuki dealership and a follow up phone call from a rep to ask if he had any other concerns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd suggest you find something better to do with your precious time rather than writing to Suzuki! From my experience trying to get a warranty replacement on my Bandit, they are LESS responsive than the dealers.
They just don't want to know!???
They aren't on their own Yamaha and Kawasaki are no better!
It is the dealers responsability to take care of warranty and problems!

·
Registered
143 Posts
F1 Light

Sounds like my problem with the f1 light I thought it was the O2 sensor that set it off but it was a loose connection under the tank - My dealer found it for freetho !!

i tried to claim warranty for rust on my stand and brake pedal lever - the deal said Suzuki won't have a bar of it - My bike is like 3 months old scared to see it in 2 yrs if rust is they already

1 - 8 of 8 Posts