M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike sat all winter, drained gas, put in new gas, it ran rough, then cut off. Now it doesn't come on, it hums barely but instrument cluster doesn't come on, headlight doesn't come on. Battery is good, starter relay is good and ignition switch is good. So if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
How are you determining the battery is "good"?
Did you load test it or just assuming its good since you charged it?
From your description its sounds a lot like a battery issue or possibly a connection issue from the battery.

BCS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are you determining the battery is "good"?
Did you load test it or just assuming its good since you charged it?
From your description its sounds a lot like a battery issue or possibly a connection issue from the battery.

BCS
Purchased new battery 2 weeks ago and voltage doesn't drop when key is on

·
Registered
693 Posts
If the ignition is energized and lights are on when you turn on the ignition, I am surprised that you don't see a voltage drop at the battery. Check the battery and ground connections.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get no lights, no instrument cluster working, no horn , nothing. Tested battery, 13.3 volts when key is off and 13.25 when key is on. Tested starter relay and it works fine, pulled the right amount of ohms. Tested the ignition and it pulled the right amount of ohms., so I'm at a stand still.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, but did you check the fuse?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Follow the Ground from the battery to where it attaches to the frame and check the ground there. I have heard of problems there on this site. You can google it as well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sound like a loose terminal at the battery. Did you yourself change the battery? Could be the terminal was overtightened and broke/stripped and is no longer making good contact. I've also seen where the battery post itself breaks. Second to this, I would check the grounds like previous people have suggested.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
Did you find the problem? Let us know what it was!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts