M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday, August 21st is bike day at Toronto Motorsports Park.

There will be some 7 second pro street Hayabusas, Harley screaming eagles, regular street bike classes along with some very quick snowmobiles and atv's. I believe there will also be a stunt team there as well as burn out and wheely contests.

There will also be at least one M109R racing(Me...lol). Bring your bike out and put some passes on it or just come out and watch the show. If you've always wanted to try your bike out at the drag strip, now's your chance. I can give you some tips and explain how the sport works, keep in mind if you don't feel like competing, you can just enter the test and tune class (no pressure). You will need a jacket, gloves, boots and of course a helmet in order to pass tech (pre race check).

If you're interested in going, I have a limited number of free spectator (not racer) passes, just pm me.

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/index.html?p=flash

Hope to see you there,
Neil.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Bike Day

Hey Neil

Good luck Saturday i hear there's always a great turnout at that. Sat always tough for me working......:mad::mad::mad:
Ride safe and kick some Harley butt.

:beer2:
Rig

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well? Any reports on the day, turnout, did you make any passes? ???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a great time, made a number of passes, turnout could have been better but I think the weather played a factor. My best pass was a [email protected]. There were some very quick bikes there, fastest pass of the day was [email protected] (you gotta love those turbos).

Oh yeah, there were also some hotties there too:

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Great pictures of your launch :bigthumbsup: What did you leave at rpm wise? I gotta get down there real soon myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great pictures of your launch :bigthumbsup: What did you leave at rpm wise? I gotta get down there real soon myself.
I was leaving around 3000, I'm still pretty new on the bike and I figured with the torque the 109 has it wouldn't be a problem. With a little seat time and some more balls, it'll easily go in the 11's.

The shaft drive sure take some getting used to, not too crazy about that part.

Check out this pic, both wheels are off the ground:eek::

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
12.26 not bad at all for new on the 9, mph is up there too :bigthumbsup: Colour is black? Custom LE?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yes you do..:bigthumbsup: You ride the 9 I'll drive your other toy...:joke::joke:
My wife won't let any on drive her new Dodge Caliber :joke:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I was leaving around 3000, I'm still pretty new on the bike and I figured with the torque the 109 has it wouldn't be a problem. With a little seat time and some more balls, it'll easily go in the 11's.

That my friend is a cool picture...:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Great pic...would never have thought, both wheels would leave the ground...Did you feel it when you were airborne ?
There will be a thousand guys trying to duplicate that shot..:2cool: Thats one to blow up and frame for the man cave :a18:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great pic...would never have thought, both wheels would leave the ground...Did you feel it when you were airborne ?
There will be a thousand guys trying to duplicate that shot..:2cool: Thats one to blow up and frame for the man cave :a18:
We just bought a new camera a few months ago, it can take 10 pics/second, great for capturing these kinds of pics. Special thanks to my wife for all her hard work that day :a18: she's the best.

I had no idea that both wheels had left the ground until I looked at the pictures, I didn't get out of the hole very good on this pass so that may have had something to do with it.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
That is a cool pic. You should post it on the main board too so the US guys can see it as well! :bigthumbsup:

PS- which camera did you get. Mine is not fast enough to get still motion sports photos.

·
Registered
271 Posts

That is very cool. I have done that before around a corner though eh Rig! My best 1 was vertical and a bit higher :edit: Still paying for that one LOL. Very nice pics by the way. Again as Canadian said what camera is that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts