M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a few dramas after I got a stealer to do the mods to tidy up the wiring and installing a LED flasher relay, but now after re installing the map as back up to the autotune to get the bike running smoothly again, every time you take the bike off the stand it cuts out (stands down) though if you start the bike upright its fine, though it sometimes cut out when popping it into 1st :dontknow:
They are looking into it and not charging me anything to do so, but they think it maybe the PCV any ideas

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Look at the kickstand switch to make sure they did not mess up it's alignment with the kickstand itself when they had it up on the lift.

The fact that it happens when you put it in gear is raising that flag.

What wiring were they cleaning up? There is an angle sensor under the seat area I believe. I do not expect this to be your problem, but just making sure they did not mess with it.

It is possible they wired the PCV so that when the front of the seat puts pressure on the tank it pinches a wire?

Just spitballing here.

You need to give us a little more. Stupid details can end up being critical to diagnosis.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Double check connections too. The guys down at Cycle Barn soldered mine, retuned, and the cutting out is GONE. Great job, George, Scotty, and all! Those vampire clips just don't do it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no idea.hows it goin over there sheep shagger?
Other than the delay in getting my bike on the road, all is good, sold yours yet???

Look at the kickstand switch to make sure they did not mess up it's alignment with the kickstand itself when they had it up on the lift.

The fact that it happens when you put it in gear is raising that flag.

What wiring were they cleaning up? There is an angle sensor under the seat area I believe. I do not expect this to be your problem, but just making sure they did not mess with it.

It is possible they wired the PCV so that when the front of the seat puts pressure on the tank it pinches a wire?

Just spitballing here.

You need to give us a little more. Stupid details can end up being critical to diagnosis.
Double check connections too. The guys down at Cycle Barn soldered mine, retuned, and the cutting out is GONE. Great job, George, Scotty, and all! Those vampire clips just don't do it.
The relay is wired in to the turn signal which is part of the stand, but it will start in 1st when tried though when you start it on the stand then take the pressure of the stand it cuts out.... They are saying the lights are flickering on the PCV so I might take the 9V plug for it to see if its actually the PCV or the wiring as I dont want to have to replace the PCV after its only been on for a few 1000km.
Is there anyway of knowing if the PCV is faulty??? as it nothing comes up when I connect my laptop to it!
Also thanks for the replies

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Other than the delay in getting my bike on the road, all is good, sold yours yet???

The relay is wired in to the turn signal which is part of the stand, but it will start in 1st when tried though when you start it on the stand then take the pressure of the stand it cuts out.... They are saying the lights are flickering on the PCV so I might take the 9V plug for it to see if its actually the PCV or the wiring as I dont want to have to replace the PCV after its only been on for a few 1000km.
Is there anyway of knowing if the PCV is faulty??? as it nothing comes up when I connect my laptop to it!
Also thanks for the replies
Nah still got it. your pcv sounds shot. is there lights on it like the PCIII?

my lights didnt come on at all on my power commander and it wouldnt start period!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The flickering PCV light is making me lean toward beibol's answer that the pinch tap did not get a good bite on the line and so now you are getting inconsistent power depending on how the bike is sitting.

Not having it come up when you plug it into the computer is going to happen if you did not download the software, then do the software update, then restart your computer to clear the USB logs. That is the procedure their tech support walked me through and then it was recognized.

I say get on checking that those pinch taps actually made a good connection.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont worry was a bodgy earth on the new fuse box, all good now thank fark!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.