M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I took all of my painted parts off the bike yesterday and dropped them off at the body shop this morning. I'm also having the tank seam rolled under. When I handed them the tank they noticed the rubber standoffs at the rear of the tank. These standoffs are actually attached to the seam so rolling the seam underneath at this point would cause a problem. I'd either need a taller set of standoffs or I would need to leave the seam at this point. Since this is pretty much covered by the side covers I figured they can just start rolling the seam under just in front of these rubber standoffs.

So, my question is, can someone PLEASE look at their bike and tell me how far in front of these rubber feet does the sidecovers end? I would have had to take all the parts back home and put the bike back together to check this myself once I realized this was an issue so I need you guys to help me out here. I'm also having them not roll under the very front edge of the tank which is normally covered by the neck covers since there is an extended tab there and I wasn't sure if it needed to be there for tank alignment or not, so any feedback on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks!! :doorag:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Perry,

I told them to cut the lip at a 45 degree angle just in front of the standoffs, file it down and make it pretty. It sounds like the cuts will be totally under the side cover moldings, which is what I was hoping to hear. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts