M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some pics of my 109 with 2 into 1 with set. I'm almost done! 8) still some work to do but i thought i would show how far i got today. Just to let any one know who is thinking about this i am about 16-20 hours into this project, with more to go. I'm sure JR can attest for that! every thing used is from the stock pipes except the muffler! If you seen the video posted earlier this week i will post a new one with no exhaust leaks. It now has a deep smooth sound :bigthumbsup: I still have not rode the bike because i know i will never finish it if i do :D so here is my almost done 109 with s.e.t. 2 into 1. Thank JR now my wife is mad and i still can't sleep! :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ITguy said:
Looking good. Did you fabricate the piece to cover the muffler to pipe joint?
Yes used the stock cover of lower pipe for that! these are the Left overs. used every thing from stock pipes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks amazing. Good job keeping the motivation level high by choosing not to ride until it's all done. High standards breed superior results.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Big that is real nice and IMO is one of the sharpest ones yet :bigthumbsup: A few Question's for you how much was the tip and can you get it in a longer length? Also are you mounting the tip to the bike or is it just hanging?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Latinrascal said:
Big that is real nice and IMO is one of the sharpest ones yet :bigthumbsup: A few Question's for you how much was the tip and can you get it in a longer length? Also are you mounting the tip to the bike or is it just hanging?
I got the hd tip from a friend who has about 5-8 of them sitting around his shop. we swapped out some welding time for the tip. i have also seen them on e-bay! :bigthumbsup:The tip is mounted to the cut up stock pipe mount that also hold s.e.t

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J R said:
That part was fun there wasent it :D Mine where tack welded on the nuts :D grinder time..I filled in the holes with some rounded chrome allen head bolts from ACE hardware.Looks good man and anybody with the name 396 is good in my book.It figures another bick block chevy lover would be the second to do this :bigthumbsup: as far as hours.YEP it takes a while it aint a cut weld in 5 min deal but worth it when its done :bigthumbsup: I think I could do um faster nowq tho since I have done it a few times but it still takes a bit of time :D
Thanks JR. I got my screen name from my weight 396 lb.. but i still love the 396 chevy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
J R said:
Note to self...dont piss off 396 :eek: :joke:
Thats awesome!

The bike is done... I'm pleased with the way it came out.

The set valve is kinda closed at idle and as the rev's go up it opens! kinda cool, So I'm thinking back pressure is there! And this winter i will fix the holes in crome.

Anyhow back in June this was a dream. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1936.msg23679#msg23679

now on august 13 it's done! Thank Wildracing and JR for kickin my butt to do this. These forums do help the doit your self guy to GET dER DONE!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
George C said:
:bigthumbsup:i like that look
Thanks. I took it for a test ride today and all i can say is WOW!! I think the s.e.t is doing some serious things, good things. when riding the more rpms you go up the louder it gets. and the bottum end... wow. I am trying to find a dyno so i can give you guys some numbers. If your going to do this mod I would try it with the s.e.t. I think you could put any tip on the end of the s.e.t and be happy :D I did weigh the hole pipe today and it was at 18 lb with s.e.t.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Man that looks beautiful! :super: :super: I'm glad to hear that keeping the SET was the way to go, it's what I felt from the beginning. :doorag: My 103 lost a little top end with the addition of the Vance & Hines Pro Pipe HS but that pipe works wonders from down low, which is where we spend most of the time anyhow. And that sound....my oh my... :super:

LG :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sweeeeeet! Great job. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
That is the coolest looking exhaust I've seen yet on the 109!! Good jos brutha!! Wish that was on my bike!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts