M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bigpapa, your info was awesome!!!!! You were right, I threw things, I kicked Blakester's bike (just kidding Blakster.....), and I even punched my cat in the face. That cush drive and those 8 F^%&ing grommets......once again 20 minutes alone with the engineers at Suzuki, is that too much to ask for???? Anyway as I digress, the wheel is apart and ready to install the parts in the new rim tomorrow. Then put back on the bike and install the brake caliper relocation kit and she should be done........until the next box arrives. Thanks again, if it weren't for your help, I would still be beating on the rim with a big freakn hammer. :eek:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Bigpapa, your info was awesome!!!!! You were right, I threw things, I kicked Blakester's bike (just kidding Blakster.....), and I even punched my cat in the face. That cush drive and those 8 F^%&ing grommets......once again 20 minutes alone with the engineers at Suzuki, is that too much to ask for???? Anyway as I digress, the wheel is apart and ready to install the parts in the new rim tomorrow. Then put back on the bike and install the brake caliper relocation kit and she should be done........until the next box arrives. Thanks again, if it weren't for your help, I would still be beating on the rim with a big freakn hammer. :eek:
Glad to be of help. Remember, check the outer part of where the bearing sits for chrome build up before putting it on the bike. If you get it on, and it binds, you will have to pull the cush drive off to be able to grind it down. Good news is it is much easier to pull it now. I would dremel it first so you only have to do it once.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Glad to be of help. Remember, check the outer part of where the bearing sits for chrome build up before putting it on the bike. If you get it on, and it binds, you will have to pull the cush drive off to be able to grind it down. Good news is it is much easier to pull it now. I would dremel it first so you only have to do it once.
You got that right.... dremel the hell out of it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just don't scratch the visible chrome. Glad youre doing this and not me. But I'm sure my time will come while I'm watching your bike during your absents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts