M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had another great day but I'll post all about that later. :doorag:

Big Joe and I have been playing quite a bit and found that 4th gear is the gear you want to pull in. Joe's bike is stock except for the JSD3 mod. Mine has the JSD, Cobra FI2000 with all the pots set to zero (still too fat), Cobra Speedsters and the BigAir.

We did a few roll on's and if Joe and I roll on in 4th gear at about 80 mph I just walk away form his, there is no contest at all. That BigAir is really doing a good job. I forgot to mention that I'm towing a 300 lb trailer when I'm walking away from a stock 109. :doorag: :super:

I got my Power Comander today too so I can't wait to get down to Thunder and get this thing dialed in. :evil:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Your getting savvy, in racing we call that (REAL HORSEPOWER).
Never to be confused with dyno horsepower ::)

·
Registered
211 Posts
The picture don't lie.... the faster Black M109 at front of the slower silver one..... :D :D :D :D :D

Did I mention with a 300 pound trailer. May be the Coronas in the cooler make the bike faster. :beer3:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Personally, I'd like to see you guys offer a nice trailer hitch setup.

I sure could have used it on the Freedom Fest rally run.. Needed someplace to put stuff..

G

·
Can you post your Power commander Map when you create it? I'd like to try it out, same pipes but the slash down modle.

Also would love to see a nice hitch setup for this bike would love it for long trips.

thanks
HB

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Lamonster said:
We had another great day but I'll post all about that later. :doorag:

Big Joe and I have been playing quite a bit and found that 4th gear is the gear you want to pull in. Joe's bike is stock except for the JSD3 mod. Mine has the JSD, Cobra FI2000 with all the pots set to zero (still too fat), Cobra Speedsters and the BigAir.

We did a few roll on's and if Joe and I roll on in 4th gear at about 80 mph I just walk away form his, there is no contest at all. That BigAir is really doing a good job. I forgot to mention that I'm towing a 300 lb trailer when I'm walking away from a stock 109. :doorag: :super:

I got my Power Comander today too so I can't wait to get down to Thunder and get this thing dialed in. :evil:

I think some of the trailer weight is offset by Big Joes "Bigness" Still impressive though :bigthumbsup:

Sledzep

·
Registered
961 Posts
Lamonster,

You said something interesting; your FI2000 is set to zero with all the mods you've made and she's still fat. I've got JSD-3M and my home grown air intake and my bike seems to run better with the default settings 2 and 3 and increasing the first pot from setting 1 to 2. And I've tried setting everything to 0 and tested from there. Could it be that the current stock exhaust system is as efficient as any after market? I found a dyno here in Richmond and I will give them a call for a couple of pulls.

C-One

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Cormierone said:
Lamonster,

You said something interesting; your FI2000 is set to zero with all the mods you've made and she's still fat. I've got JSD-3M and my home grown air intake and my bike seems to run better with the default settings 2 and 3 and increasing the first pot from setting 1 to 2. And I've tried setting everything to 0 and tested from there. Could it be that the current stock exhaust system is as efficient as any after market? I found a dyno here in Richmond and I will give them a call for a couple of pulls.

C-One
I have too wondered if the stock exhaust with baffles drilled (All three of them) is pretty efficient. I swear the bike felt slower, leaner & idled higher when I drilled ot the 3rd baffle. I compensated with my FI2000R by adding more fuel and it shure seems to have waken it up. The idle also returned to normal 900-1100 RPMs. :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
got js-3m auto, cob slashdowns, fi200r. ALL pots set to zero. Could do with still less fuel to stop the poping on decel. Everyone else has pots up to 4,3,2 and mine are at ZERO ??????????
Need a dyno methinks.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts