M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to think this is going to be good after looking at the stock air cleaner again. ::)
I just need to button it up and head out. I'll let you know when I get back. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

G

·
Re: BigAir is on and I'm heading to the dyno

damn that really looks good ... I like it. Dealership just picked up my bike to clean off all the oil and put in the proper amount, etc. etc. .. I'd like to have this setup, looking forward to the results. ...wish the aftermarket pipe snaked around like the stocker, I like the look of it.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

I don't care about the numbers...

Sign me up for'em!

I would like the filter cover to be chrome... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts

they look awesome, I want them NOW :mad: how much ? and when will they be available?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

I like them, I hope they make some good #'s.
I think the open filter look is good but those look a little light. Lamont, are they oiled yet in these pics?

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

They look great but I have a few questions.

1. I have read elsewhere on this site that K&N filters do not filter out as well as a paper element. Are those K&N filters?

2. What about rain, how do you keep water out of them?

3. Do they mount to part of our present system (Backside of plastic mount used)?

4. How much will they set us back? :doorag:

·
Registered
51 Posts

Lamonster said:
I got to think this is going to be good after looking at the stock air cleaner again. ::)
I just need to button it up and head out. I'll let you know when I get back. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

That little filter for a 109 c.i. engine? Suzuki has a history of chokingly small airbox setups. My Madura is not much better.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well I pulled up to the dyno guy today and the first thing he said was "you're not going to dyno today are you? It's a bad day to dyno."

Problem is I got to dyno when I have the time. It was hot and humid and I even got rained on on the way home. ::)

Looks like to get some good numbers I'm going to need something other than this Cobra because I was still running a little rich even with the fuel set at 0. I even tried adding fuel just for kicks and the HP went down like I thought it would. ::) The dyno guy was still impressed with these numbers on such a bad day and said on a cooler day I could expect 5 to 7hp more. I would say these are still some good numbers and if I was in AZ like Thunder these numbers would be much better. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

Best run SAE was
Horsepower= 116.0
Torque= 111.1

Best run STD was
Horsepower= 117.6
Torque= 112.7

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMEGA said:
When will the all black setup like in the pics be ready to ship?
I just gave Rob the go ahead and I would hope by the time we get back from our trip they should be ready.

By the way I'm going to stop by Thunder when I'm in AZ and have Dave dyno my bike while I'm there and see what we get with good dry air. :doorag: I'm thinking over 120 hp for sure.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is it possible to replace the stock filter element and retain the stock chromed cover with maybe some discrete holes drilled into it?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dude the more $hit you invent, the more i have to buy and the madder my wife gets....please stop. P.S. Looks awesome. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Aussie109 said:
Is it possible to replace the stock filter element and retain the stock chromed cover with maybe some discrete holes drilled into it?
yeah, if there was an aftermarket filter available. i still dont think you'd see the results like lamont got with this kit.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

Chuck said:
They look great but I have a few questions.

1. I have read elsewhere on this site that K&N filters do not filter out as well as a paper element. Are those K&N filters?

2. What about rain, how do you keep water out of them?

3. Do they mount to part of our present system (Backside of plastic mount used)?

4. How much will they set us back? :doorag:
Lamonster,

When you get time, please answer my questions. This is not a slam, I'm really interested. I just want more info on this.

Chuck :doorag:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts