M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent an email to them via their website a few days ago about the less than stellar finish on my chrome risers and tachometer housing. I got a reply a few minutes ago saying that they would indeed warranty the finish.

- I'm really glad that I don't have to pay to have the parts refinished!

Now to tear the bike apart and get to installing the stockpile!

Kewl Metal is indeed a stand up company! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
It's good to know they wanna keep their customers happy.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Thats Great , but I Bought My 2 inch extended Hole risers 2 years and 2 months later the chrome is pealing off , I too contacted them and they said If I ship them ,they would Re-chrome them for a reduced Price ,,,,
Just Say'in ,,,,

·
Registered
838 Posts
this is interesting..... My mirror arms started to chip and flake. Bikes either been ridden or garaged. I noticed this about 4 months after installing them.
I wonder if they'll hold true for items a year old???

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm over the whole chrome thing. I'm sending them back for powder coat.
The parts go out tomorrow.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I should provide an update...
I got my parts back about a week ago. It took Kewl Metal two months to strip and powder coat my risers and tach housing. You would think that the parts would be perfect but they're far from it. The insides of the holes are partially coated and the finish is far from flawless. At this point, I'm so pissed off at them, that I'm going to make it my mission to tell everyone I can to stay away from this company that has no respect for their customer' time or property.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Mary has the 2" Kewl Metal holed risers. At the top, it looks like the chrome is burned. I called them last year and they told me to go buy some polish and try to remove it and then let them know. I did and it didn't work or buff out...which I knew it wouldn't. I talked to them again, and they then told me it was normal and they wouldn't do anything about it. I left it as I don't feel like pulling the risers back off to have them fix it and sit and wait. Not real happy with how they seemed to want to just blow it off.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I thought I should provide an update...
I got my parts back about a week ago. It took Kewl Metal two months to strip and powder coat my risers and tach housing. You would think that the parts would be perfect but they're far from it. The insides of the holes are partially coated and the finish is far from flawless. At this point, I'm so pissed off at them, that I'm going to make it my mission to tell everyone I can to stay away from this company that has no respect for their customer' time or property.
Good choice on going to powder coating route :bigthumbsup:. Now I'm not sure on pricing on powder coating in the US but to get you risers and tach housing done in Canada would cost less then $80 with a turn around time of 2-3 days... might be worth you trouble to get them done from someone more professional then Kewl Metal?? Someone who does it for a living.

I myself have had luck with them in the past... but it's just that... that past!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
wow this seems like a epidemic (sp) lately.....
Like I said in another thread, it's where our country is now. There are fewer companies every year being run with the customers satisfaction in mind. It's all about getting your money.

There used to be pride in the products you made and/or sold. Not so much anymore.

Granted, I don't work in this field. But, my policy would ALWAYS be, "If I won't put it on my bike, I won't sell it to a customer....PERIOD!"

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Like I said in another thread, it's where our country is now. There are fewer companies every year being run with the customers satisfaction in mind. It's all about getting your money.

There used to be pride in the products you made and/or sold. Not so much anymore.

Granted, I don't work in this field. But, my policy would ALWAYS be, "If I won't put it on my bike, I won't sell it to a customer....PERIOD!"
that is why i stopped pushing my intake systems. i wasnt to hot about the filters that i was using, grant it they are working very well for me and everyone that has one on there bike but i think that there are better filters out there.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
My risers are ok but the tach housing could be aLot better. But the face plate of the tach housing sucks!!! Barely any chome on it at all. They dont answer the phone and has never answered any of my emails!!!
KEWL METAL!!! THATS NOT KEWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:verymad::nojoke:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Same promblem

I had the same promblem with a Tac housiong but my dealer/ mech said he will send it out to get re-chromed. They told him since he waited to late that they could not exchange it . Who puts metal in a plastic package,moisture build up more than likely mad it pit.. 250 and it as pitting in the package, who would know untill you open it. The hell with the company. I just dont understand why Suk do not market there own parts like HD. Kaw did it for there crusiers it a large market for qualitty parts why not keep everything in house.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts