M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone making bore kits, pistons, conrods, cams, bigger injectors, etc for this bike? Just curious, as the appearance market is flooded!!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Lucky06 had pistons, cams, and NOS done by James McCoy of Real McCoy Cycle Works. A couple others have had Raw Performance do some cams for them. To be honest, I'm not sure if either of those guys/outfits are still doing them. You might be on your own at this point. :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Bobby, I think James still is. But buyer beware, COD seems to be the way to go from what I hear.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I believe Ron has had too many problems with sub vendors. He seems to be backing off to only working on his own stuff for now. Don't blame him. Other companies are going out of business left and right and they will leave you hanging

·
Registered
155 Posts
mccoy

Lucky06 had pistons, cams, and NOS done by James McCoy of Real McCoy Cycle Works. A couple others have had Raw Performance do some cams for them. To be honest, I'm not sure if either of those guys/outfits are still doing them. You might be on your own at this point. :dontknow:
dont do any bisiness with James Mccoy he has had 855.00 of my money for a Fat Pipe I do have his prototype pipe which I went to his shop personally and instead of being embaressed in front of two new customers he gave it up not to have a problem and be exposed as a swindler in front of them 18 months he has had my money but at least i got his personal pipe Im sure many more forun members can chime in with their own dealings with Real Fraud Mccoy Cycle wWorks Steve Smith :verymad: :verymad: :verymad::verymad:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
to the OP-
you don't what size of can of worms you just opened up.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Man, I guess. I just wanted to see if I could get a big bore kit down the line. Figured somebody's racing at the strip.

Def touched a nerve.
Just get a good 2 into 1 pipe, and good set of intakes and put a 40-60 shot on it. On this bike, a n2o set up with beat a n/a set up all day long, as long as your bottles are filled :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Man, I guess. I just wanted to see if I could get a big bore kit down the line. Figured somebody's racing at the strip.

Def touched a nerve.
Just trying to save you some money, time and aggravation. The only 2 guys that offered these kits aren't worth doing business with.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts

Def touched a nerve.
bigger bore really isn't going to help you. They're already the biggest pistons made in a production engine. Get some air, a GOOD 2 into one pipe and a good dyno map and you'll be good to go

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just trying to save you some money, time and aggravation. The only 2 guys that offered these kits aren't worth doing business with.
amen to that brother! Definitely not worth it! Easy for me to say, I already have Mccoys full engine kit and i LOVE it, but definitely wouldnt go through the stress again if I has it to do over. I had dealings with both parties. Thumbs down to both.

·
Registered
561 Posts
bigger bore really isn't going to help you. They're already the biggest pistons made in a production engine. Get some air, a GOOD 2 into one pipe and a good dyno map and you'll be good to go
Why does everyone recommend the 2 into 1 pipe? Is it honestly better than the true duals??? Personally, I hate the look of the 2-1 on this bike.

·
Registered
561 Posts
because you said you wanted it to be faster, if you don't, go with the duals
From what I know and what I have read, a 2-1 system produces more torque... a true dual system produces more HP. As far as I'm concerned, this bike has plenty of torque and not enough HP... so I'm interested in giving her more hp for up top (not necessarily high speed, but being able to pull up top like it does down low).

As far as your comment goes, torque does not win races... HP does. When one is racing, they are constantly in the upper rpm range... where HP comes into play. So since I want it to be faster, I should go with duals, yes? haha.

trust me, I love torque, but this bike already has PLENTY of it for those sweet 20 rolls and what not. What this bike is missing is HP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
School's in session...

From what I know and what I have read, a 2-1 system produces more torque... a true dual system produces more HP. As far as I'm concerned, this bike has plenty of torque and not enough HP... so I'm interested in giving her more hp for up top (not necessarily high speed, but being able to pull up top like it does down low).

As far as your comment goes, torque does not win races... HP does. When one is racing, they are constantly in the upper rpm range... where HP comes into play. So since I want it to be faster, I should go with duals, yes? haha.

trust me, I love torque, but this bike already has PLENTY of it for those sweet 20 rolls and what not. What this bike is missing is HP.
OK learning time put your ears on. Horse Power is a mathematical derivative of torque. Torque is the "grunt" or the real force applied, horsepower is the measurement of how long an engine can maintain it's torque peak throughout the engine's RPM range.

look at different dyno charts you will see that HP is equal to the torque at exactly 5252 RPM's. Or research torque and horsepower yourself.

Increasing torque will always increase horsepower.

Now having said that, 2 into 1 pipes help create the right amount of back pressure that is self equalizing to produce maximum torque. Dual exhausts are not always pressure equalizing and most of the time too free flowing for the engine to maintain a good back pressure. Unless you are going to force air into the engine duals will not out perform 2 into 1 pipes.

·
Registered
561 Posts
OK learning time put your ears on. Horse Power is a mathematical derivative of torque. Torque is the "grunt" or the real force applied, horsepower is the measurement of how long an engine can maintain it's torque peak throughout the engine's RPM range.

look at different dyno charts you will see that HP is equal to the torque at exactly 5252 RPM's. Or research torque and horsepower yourself.

Increasing torque will always increase horsepower.

Now having said that, 2 into 1 pipes help create the right amount of back pressure that is self equalizing to produce maximum torque. Dual exhausts are not always pressure equalizing and most of the time too free flowing for the engine to maintain a good back pressure. Unless you are going to force air into the engine duals will not out perform 2 into 1 pipes.
I do understand this.. but I have questions. If you increase torque, you increase horsepower, but is the vise versa the same? Take the 600cc sport bikes, high horsepower, low low torque. (almost a 3:1 ratio). The last thing I wanted on my sport bike was more horespower... I NEEDED more torque.. and heres the key, AT LOWER rpms! So I had to change my gearing to bring the band down a bit.

I know all about derivatives, I'm an engineering major. So it would only make sense for me to study this as I can apply this in real life lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do understand this.. but I have questions. If you increase torque, you increase horsepower, but is the vise versa the same? Take the 600cc sport bikes, high horsepower, low low torque. (almost a 3:1 ratio). The last thing I wanted on my sport bike was more horsepower... I NEEDED more torque.. and here's the key, AT LOWER rpms! So I had to change my gearing to bring the band down a bit.

I know all about derivatives, I'm an engineering major. So it would only make sense for me to study this as I can apply this in real life lol.
I think I understand you now. By changing the gear ratio you changed the final drive power band, not the engine power band. The engine would still measure the same. What you did was prove the reason we have transmissions and gears. For example take a tractor it is rated 52 engine horsepower, Knowing this is a Derivative the engine torque cant be too high. But a 52hp tractor can pull a house off its foundation. The massive amount of torque is created through gearing of the transmission. But even with gears you gain in torque but lose in horsepower this is why the tractor can pull that much weight but can only do it at 1/3 miles per hour speed.

What you ask for on the M109R is going to be either a give/give or a give/take scenario there is no give/same or same/give (Torque/HP). Suzuki already uses what I consider to be the best of both worlds technology and that is the SET valve that is on the factory exhaust and computer control.

If you absolutely wanted more horsepower at the rear wheel without adding more torque you would actually have to suffer a torque loss and raise the rear diff ratio. Find a company that could cut new diff gears.

Anything you do on the front side of the engine (air/fuel) with result in a give/give or a take/take. You might be able to work a little magic with a Power Commander but as I go through the steps in my head it still looks like a give/take overall.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts

HP means little, you want the torque

1 - 20 of 30 Posts