M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The how to on the tublar nut fix is outstanding, Im back on the road thanks too you. I mauled it over for almost 5 days wondering if I could do this. Have never been in there much less even seen a motorcycle clutch. You are a shining example of what this forum represents, a great collection of riders that support each other. Thank-you again $ 14.00 to fix it ( bought a 4 weel drive hub wrench and knocked of 2 of the 4 tabs ) and were back in business. drove about 60 miles last night while celebrating the Marine corps birthday.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Same here mine backed off at 1300 miles. I read his article and was back on the road the next day with about 3 hours time invested. 1 hour was to go buy the 30mm socket for my impact gun.

Great help :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
378 Posts
That's my Dogg!!!

Thats great bud, now I know who to have do mine when mine need fixen. I told you you could do it..I feel comfotable knowing you can fix mine also when the time comes...lol :congrats:

The how to on the tublar nut fix is outstanding, Im back on the road thanks too you. I mauled it over for almost 5 days wondering if I could do this. Have never been in there much less even seen a motorcycle clutch. You are a shining example of what this forum represents, a great collection of riders that support each other. Thank-you again $ 14.00 to fix it ( bought a 4 weel drive hub wrench and knocked of 2 of the 4 tabs ) and were back in business. drove about 60 miles last night while celebrating the Marine corps birthday.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good job! I do and have done all my own work to this bike. If I don't know how, just ask all the great folks on this forum. Then dig in.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you know this needs replacing? Around what mileage is this common? Thanks!
It gave me no warning. others may chime in though. I believe it is the differance of maybe 1/16 of an inch where the nut is loose off the basket that at some certain point will not allow the clutch pack to do its job. mine wasnt just loose to the touch it was in free spin mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts