M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leaves should be looking good and the weather is supposed to be PERFECT. GeorgiaRoller will be chiming in with the map but in a nut-shell we will be going up to Blairsville via 129 (Our "northern" brother, Demetri (Biscuitpipmp) is jumping in on this ride and will meet us at the Copperhead Lodge) and then we will be coming down HWY 60 and hitting other good roads as well.

We will meet at the McDonalds off of I-985 North in Oakwood and leave at 9am with the intentions of meeting Demetri at 10:30am. We will eat breakfast at the Copperhead...they serve til 11am.

This ride will NOT be a super aggressive, all out ride. We plan on taking in the sites. Also, Brian, from California, is settled in and ready to ride...he and his wife will be joining us.

Right now those that have expressed an interest are:
Me, Chad, Nathan, JoDon, Brian, Shawn Atl, Alex, and Demetri.

We should have a good turnout for this one and lots of fun will be had!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Thanks for organizing this ride Bobby! Your right weather forecasts are looking good and we should have some terrific fall color up in the mountains by then.

Just to piggyback on what Bobby is saying me & him will probably take turns leading the ride. I have some really nice 2lane paved mountain backroads I want to incorporate into the route so that it's not just the same ole same ole mountain roads. But we have to include Hwy 60 for sure.

I'll be riding 2up with my wife on back so when I lead it will be what I consider a "moderate" pace which is still a pace to lean in the curves and enjoy the road. Bobby is riding solo so for hwy 60 and some of the other twisties I'll hang out in the rear of the pack and perhaps the pace will be greater for those sections of roads which will be a nice combination.

Here's the route starting from Copperhead lodge riding the loop counter clockwise and ending back up in Blairsville where our TN friends can break off from us and the rest of us can come down 129 back towards metro ATL.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110693826312169474441.000492a911faeb5314cbe&ll=34.74669,-84.000778&spn=0.411302,0.87616&z=11

This route includes a stop on top of Brasstown Bald the highest point in Georgia. There is a cost of $3 to park our bikes each and $3 each to ride the 5 minute shuttle to the top but it's well worth it if you've never been up to the visitor center with 360 degree panoramic views of 4 states.

http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/brasstown_bald.html

I love fall in North Georgia http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/achesandpains/tenday/USGA0052 :bow::bow::bow:.....:pray:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This route includes a stop on top of Brasstown Bald the highest point in Georgia. There is a cost of $3 to park our bikes each and $3 each to ride the 5 minute shuttle to the top but it's well worth it if you've never been up to the visitor center with 360 degree panoramic views of 4 states.
Not to refute what GR said, BUT the times I have been up there I have NOT had to pay the $3. I was told that if you are just going to park for a second, stretch your legs, and take a picture or two you don't have to pay....not that $3 is a make or break thing...just sayin'

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Can't wait!!!:hot::hot: Probably going to bring a couple of non-9ers with me too.
I've got some new camera mounts so we should be able to get some extra video for Nathan to play with.
definately looking forward to seeing all of you again!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
not that $3 is a make or break thing...just sayin'
LOL. Well if you stay in the parking lot sometimes they'll let you do that. But if you go up to the observatory they won't. But that's where the good views are.

If only we had T-Bud going maybe he could bribe the gun-toting DNR officer like he did at Sprewell Bluff State Park on the Central GA. Ride!:eek:............ :joke:

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You Freaks ready to ride the mountains on Saturday??!!! :doorag:

Forecasted High is low 70's with sunshine and 0% chance of rain. Gonna be a bit frosty in the morning however.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, yeah! I'm ready to roll!

I was up around Amicola Falls yesterday (saw 3 black bear cubs) and must say that I DON'T think the leaves are going to be that great this year....really wasn't much color.

Last year, the leaves were phenomenal!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Oh, yeah! I'm ready to roll!

I was up around Amicola Falls yesterday (saw 3 black bear cubs) and must say that I DON'T think the leaves are going to be that great this year....really wasn't much color.

Last year, the leaves were phenomenal!
Still green up there??? Man it's really, really late this year and it's been unseasonably warm all month. I checked the live cams on top of Brasstown and theres lots of color up there at those elevations, but maybe that's about it. Amicalola falls is at the very southern point of the Appalchians and not really all that high in elevation.

Still gonna be a fun ride! Sunshine, Mountains, Fall air, good roads is always a good day in my book. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, add one more to the group! My brother-in-law, Benji, will be riding up from Dublin to join us on this one :bigthumbsup::doorag:. He rides a VTX so be nice to him. :joke::D

·
Registered
252 Posts
I cant make the ride but I think I may ride out to Oakwood and take some pix.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just a preview of what you guys will be seeing, or for those NOT going what you will be missing.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK.....the list of riders going/meeting is as follows:

Me, Nathan, Chad, Don, Shawn, Brian, Randall + 1 more rider, T-rex, Benji, Mountainman (saying hello in Oakwood). Then we will be meeting Demitri in Blairsville and he is bringing 2 more with him.

That's a pretty good turnout. If anyone else is interested, please post so we can wait or meet you somewhere.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It's gonna be a great day! we will see ya'll in the morning!:bigthumbsup: Probably just me and carrie but i've still got one that's a maybe. I'm not sure I will sleep tonight :hot::hot:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
See you tomorrow Demetri ....ready to play some chase LOL.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts