M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out today cleaning out the garage to make some room to work on the 9. Pulled all the bikes out, started straightening out, throwing out shyt not needed. I bought this kick as lil propane heater from Home Depot, holy cow does this thing put out. Made for working in the garage nice and toasty.

OK, now the first project. I ordered a Shark Audio kit last Sat. Showed up at the house on Tues. OK so I know some of you won't like it, that's ok. It is my bike. I like having tunes and we have these on our Sabres and love them. The speakers are a bit on the big size, and not being much room on the h/b's, I was limited to what I can do. I bought some Kuryakyn chrome h/b brackets to mount the speakers. Used them before, worked out nice.

So here is the mount on the h/b

Next, mounted the speakers

Then mounted the amp

Ran all the wiring along the frame under the tank then up though neck covers and on up to the h/b's

I still need to come up w/ a plan to mount the control unit. Here's a short clip of it.

Over all, I'm pretty happy w/ how it turned out.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i like the look of that heater :bigthumbsup:

ya might have lost 5mph top speed with the aerodrag on those speakers :joke:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
You know Bernie, I love you like a brother, however...I have to rethink this whole riding together thing. I will talk to the group and do a vote to see if you are welcome. you are ruining the look of that sexy ass bike. Take out the Sabre on days you need tunes. :p

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL Harris, I knew you'd love the look. Haha, yeah they may be just a lil over powering. I thought they'd be smaller. Have to see if I can find somethin a lil less conspicuous. :a20:

Ok so I'm 1 for 3 on the day.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
LOL Harris, I knew you'd love the look. Haha, yeah they may be just a lil over powering. I thought they'd be smaller. Have to see if I can find somethin a lil less conspicuous. :a20:

Ok so I'm 1 for 3 on the day.
LOL, the heater is definitely a winner :bigthumbsup: We will sweat putting on that air ride.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, the heater is definitely a winner :bigthumbsup: We will sweat putting on that air ride.
You have no idea. It was what, 30* out there today. It was 75 in there in about 10 minutes. I had to turn it off I was so damn hot. And that was w/ it set on low. Yeah baby, winter projects won't be a problem this year. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well Bernie since you didn't vote for me in the bike of the month contest and I think those speakers look like someone shat on your handle bars I vote Nay on the Maryland riding club.........:D

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess that's it then, I must change my screen name to lone wolf now. Oh and I did vote for your bike so mmmmnaaaaa. (sticks out tongue.) K, I'm going away now. Bye.:'(

·
Registered
917 Posts
Bernie, they are a little big, I think they would look better closer to the handle bar, but that's me. I love the tunes while I ride too, so as long as you like it they are fine by me bro.

Now that being said they do remind me of some JATO rockets :joke:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I guess that's it then, I must change my screen name to lone wolf now. Oh and I did vote for your bike so mmmmnaaaaa. (sticks out tongue.) K, I'm going away now. Bye.:'(
OK I have ya an avatar Bernie,,,,,,,,,,,,, No charge

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
holy crap, dats big LOL

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
You know Bernie, I love you like a brother, however...I have to rethink this whole riding together thing. I will talk to the group and do a vote to see if you are welcome. you are ruining the look of that sexy ass bike. Take out the Sabre on days you need tunes. :p
Shall we take a vote now Papa? Just remember, I have your back. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
oh no you didn't vote for his bike.................now the price of your derby cover just went up:edit::edit::edit::edit::edit: :joke::a20:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Damn, I wish my 9 was that clean....

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
That's a nice wiring job Bernie, really neat. :bigthumbsup:

I think I'd make another cover for those so they look like gun sights. Then you can go down the road making rat-a-tat noises while pretending to gun down other bikes. Maybe even record the sound so you won't have to do it yourself. :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Damn, I wish my 9 was that clean....
Yeah then you get some book shelf speakers like B and really rock!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRUHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:joke:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bernie, they are a little big, I think they would look better closer to the handle bar, but that's me. I love the tunes while I ride too, so as long as you like it they are fine by me bro.

Now that being said they do remind me of some JATO rockets :joke:

I agree, but there is only so much you can do w/ the brackets they come with and the master cylinder on the right side.

oh no you didn't vote for his bike.................now the price of your derby cover just went up:edit::edit::edit::edit::edit: :joke::a20:
Damn it, I knew that would happen. Sorry Randal, I love your bike but I had to go w/ my local boy.

Side note, I am now wearing one of these so it's all good.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hey Big B, like the look on your bike, but definitely will not put those things on mine... Think I will stick to the Medellin stereo saddle..Thst way I can always just take it of anytime I want

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Bernie now you need to mount a 9" SubWoofer under your seat Bro! Your slacking!!!!! LOL

Hey if you want speakers....then you want speakers. Like you said its "your" bike. Mount a satellite dish and a coffee pot on the thing if thats what floats your boat. The speakers chrome finish at least goes with all the chrome on the bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
There's only one lonewolf and you ain't it!:D
From the front those speakers look like KC highlights mounted backwards. Have you ever heard of an I-pod and some headphones? We've got em down here and I bet ya'll got em up there too!:joke:
I like the heater! Why not mount it on a solo rack?:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts