M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
bak

Here ya go. I just installed this kit today. It replaced my ultra-flows that I've been running for a few years, I haven't been out yet (rain). but they sound like their pullin in more air than the ultras did.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here ya go. I just installed this kit today. It replaced my ultra-flows that I've been running for a few years, I haven't been out yet (rain). but they sound like their pullin in more air than the ultras did.
Thanks for the pics. now u are making me :drool: even more.... they do look sweet..... let us know how they perform... :bigthumbsup: I hope they have shipped mine out today.... and I hate to wait... am ready :hot:cus they look:bad2thebone:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very nice. I debated between these and the Thunder Tornado. I eventually went with the Tornado but I'm beginning to have second thoughts. These look like they'll allow more airflow than the Tornados.

Anyone have both at some point in time to allow a comparison? Probably can't go wrong with either! :D

John

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. I debated between these and the Thunder Tornado. I eventually went with the Tornado but I'm beginning to have second thoughts. These look like they'll allow more airflow than the Tornados.

Anyone have both at some point in time to allow a comparison? Probably can't go wrong with either! :D

John
So where is the pic. of the Tornado's on your ride... ??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
96 Posts
So where is the pic. of the Tornado's on your ride... ??? :dontknow:
They haven't arrived yet. Something about the warehouse is moving, yadda, yadda, yadda... I'm anxious to get them though! Will definitly post an updated pic when I get them installed. :drool: And with the cold weather coming, I should be in for some serious grunt once I have it tuned in! :D

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They haven't arrived yet. Something about the warehouse is moving, yadda, yadda, yadda... I'm anxious to get them though! Will definitly post an updated pic when I get them installed. :drool: And with the cold weather coming, I should be in for some serious grunt once I have it tuned in! :D
:congrats:I will be looking forward to some pics..... :bigthumbsup: and I know about the waiting... :-\

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Did U get them on... ???

Got mine on only took pic with my phone and it wont download need to get some pic. with the camera.... ( U sure can here them sucking the air.... ) :D :D :D supose to be kinda nice later in the week... :doorag:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did U get them on... ???

Got mine on only took pic with my phone and it wont download need to get some pic. with the camera.... ( U sure can here them sucking the air.... ) :D :D :D supose to be kinda nice later in the week... :doorag:
Merry Christmas! I got them on right before Christmas. Only had a day to ride since then but they REALLY make a difference. :clap2:

Let me see if the pic upload will work???

And yes, we should have a couple of nice days this week to get the 9 out to let it stretch it breathe :drool:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
well maybe its me but from the pictures of the BAK on barrons site and the looks of the tornado look like there are similar as far as which lets more air in..Initially looked to me like the BAK was letting air in from the chrome cover but not so its just caps it off, and i figured they wouldve opened up the back plate some more. Think if they were to make the chrome cover breathable and open up the back plate some more it would def be a winner. Ive never seen either one in person but looks like both filter have close to the same surface area.
http://www.baronscustom.com/images/products/20090128180810.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like the Barron's too and in fact it was my second choice. I chose the Tornado thinking with the bike in motion, most of the air would be forced in through the front anyway and this one seemed to have the most open surface towards the front.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. It's just a matter of taste!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Merry Christmas! I got them on right before Christmas. Only had a day to ride since then but they REALLY make a difference. :clap2:

Let me see if the pic upload will work???

And yes, we should have a couple of nice days this week to get the 9 out to let it stretch it breathe :drool:
Looks sweet.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got back from a ride... Man U sure can tell a difference.... Feel, sound , and power.... :hot::hot::clap2::hot::hot: the BAK with the cobra FI2000 brought the beast to life....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts