M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the BigAir and the adapters for the Harley style air cleaners today. The BigAir looks great and I'll be throwing that on in the morning and heading to the dyno to see what she will do. :doorag: :super:

The Hypercharger has some issues we are going to have to work around. First thing is we are going to need another adapter to space it out so it doesn't hit the the backing plate. There is a control valve that operates the flappers sticks out about 2" so you can't bolt it to the plate the way it sets now. ::)

The Hyperchargers are going to stick out about 3/4" more than stock but I don't see that being a big deal. The other thing is there are no left and rights for the Hypercharger so the right side will have a slot at the bottom of the Hypercharger and the left will have the slot at the top. I guess if you really want these on your bike you are just going to have to deal with that. ::)

We have the blockoff plates for the pair valves too. 8)

So what do you think, is it worth doing this for the Hypercharger?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I don't really like the Hypercharger in general :duck: so for me, no it not worth it.................................but I will have one of the Big Air kits (or should I say two of them :p)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Why not just slot the top and bottom of the Hyperchargers so they will look the same on either side of the bike? As for the Big Air, I'm going to need to really warm up to that one. My current personal feelings on that is that it looks a bit too utilitarian. Just doesn't go with the flow of the bike IMHO. Like I said, maybe chromed out it may look better to me.

All this being said, what is the expected price of these kits? Sorry if I missed the price in another post.

·
Registered
936 Posts
me personally, i like the spike look. i never cared for the hyper charger look, it just doesn't fit the v-twin engine, but that billet spike breather does. really poses the custom look. i would rather have a k&n air filter inside the factory air box.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Lessen decel pop potential, get rid of the extra junk (weight), JR and others still claim additional HP is possible and we're still exploring their theory.
moto said:
if you don't gain or lose horse power why remove the pair valve?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Hypercharger looks a little more refined than the big air IMO The big air makes the bike look unfinished maybe with the parts chromed that will help. I see the problem with the Hypercharger. :confused:

·
Registered
936 Posts
doesn't intreper have the k&n set up on his bike? if he's the one i really liked his set up.he made it his self. what I'm waiting on is thunders air kit, I'm gonna put billet spikes over the breather, you know the real pointy kind like on the customs. i also like the big air kit. if theres not at least 6 to 8 horses gain, their not gonna be worth the money.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Numbers first and foremost......I love the way the bike looks stock. I will change the intake and exhaust if and only if I can make gains that substantiate the cost AND they look acceptable to me.

Not sure either one of these looks the best though neither is bad......dyno numbers please, same day , same dyno parts on, parts off (stock).

Thanks, Lamont

1 - 20 of 21 Posts