M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my bike out for a bit on sunday took my baby home and had black sludge all over my rear rim. After just gettin her back from 1st service i figured it was one of two things.

1. Didn't torque the bolt on final drive enough
2. Crushed the 0 ring

So i torqued the bolt and rode again, and even MORE black sludge is on my rims. So now i take it to my dealer (very good service dept as far as dealers go) and they put in a new o ring. MORE sludge after a test ride. Now they are working on the seal of the Hub itself. Just keep an eye out for this sort of thing guys. Hate to see a final drive lock up on someone.

Nick

·
Registered
908 Posts
Had the same thing happening to my bike. Took it to the dealer whose service dept is excellent. Used them the last five years with my 1400. Technician stated that it was excess grease where the splines? mesh together. And it's obviously grease and not gear oil because of the grey color. Tech didn't want to open it up and remove the excess for fear he would remove too much. Said it would dissapate over time. And it doesn't leak when its parked, just when it's been ridden for a distance. Now have 2200 miles and only get a little drop of that hot grease occassionally. Tech also recommended flushing with water around the edge of the hub. Did that initially and it helped.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had it happen to me after the 600 mile service by the dealer. I had run it to 135mph when I got home I noticed it the next day. I wiped it off and it has not come back. I have been back to 130mph since then and that was 500 miles ago. No sign of it yet and hope it stays that way.

G

·
Man this is gettin scary....Mine also did this after the first service by the dealer(it was free since the front wheel was installed backwards)...ended up tightening the drain plug abit....hasnt leaked since....maybe it empty..... :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know mine has leaked since new from the driveshaft seal. Dealer has the parts but according to Suzuki they are shipping the dealer a special tool to complete the repair. Have been topping off the fluid and riding but getting frustrated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Been well past 135 without any issues. Not as confidence inspiring as the Busa that is for damn sure. I did my own 600 mile service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts