M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just wanted to give a product review. I purchased a single light Hi/Lo 6000k kit from DDM Tuning back in April of this year. It worked great for about 2 weeks (~200 miles) and then it died on me one night on the other side of town. Had to limp back on parking lights, not safe.

I called and they carry a lifetime warranty on parts so they suggested a new ballast but wanted me to send back the whole harness minus the bulb at my cost to make sure. I did this and within a couple weeks had a new product at my door. But the harness they sent back was missing the control box. So I had to call again and get a control box, again free.

Got it installed again and had it working for a matter of hrs and poof the control box went out. Called and got another one. Then installed that and the same thing happened.

I know many of you run this kit and it may be just my luck but its not going back on my bike. Needless to say I'm pretty unsatisfied with the product.

DDM will do a full return on the purchase price minus the cost of shipping and I have to ship the product back at my cost. So I'm out around $20 for a product I used maybe 15 hrs.

The light is awesome at night, when it works, and I love the added brightness but I am switching to a more reliable PIAA bulb.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It sounds more like a bad wire on install maybe?? Man I have been running the same kit for years and no issues, I know dozens of people running em and never an issue.

Sorry for the bad luck man.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Why not switch to the A&R kit? I know that there are hundreds of them out there on 9's alone. His failure/defect rate I think is less then 1%. If you want his info, I have it in the Bang for the Bucks Mod thread or just PM me. I still get the group buy pricing on them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Why not switch to the A&R kit? I know that there are hundreds of them out there on 9's alone. His failure/defect rate I think is less then 1%. If you want his info, I have it in the Bang for the Bucks Mod thread or just PM me. I still get the group buy pricing on them.
:agree: A&R has worked great on my R2 and they have very good customer service! plus they offer more than just bikes if your into car customization.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that bro. I've had a DDM kit on my truck for at least 4 years now and drive it daily. I put a DDM kit on my wife's bike back in early spring and it's still doing fine too. I've had the DLP kit, which they no longer sell, on mine now for almost 2 years and it's starting to flicker once in a while. I'll replace it with another DDM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. I didn't have to pay for the return though. When I got the replacement it work fine when I tested it. After I installed it and turned the key, Nothing. I found out that the problem was right where you plug up to the balast. I wiggled it in and out while key was turned on and it fired up. Hasn't happened in a while now. I hooked up my neighbor's light with no problem. His system did look different from mine. Wire harness wasn't the same.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have taken most of rynoback suggestions and have been very happy. I purchased the A&R kit about 5000 miles ago. Never had any problem. The instructions were great and I did the Horn at the same time. The light significantly reduced the number of times people have pulled out in front of me in the crazy tourist town I live in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts